1. AlyceOfLegend

AlyceOfLegend Senior Member Contest Winner 2022

Currently Reading::
    Fanfiction- Stranger Things, Supernatural

Hola, Hello, Aloha

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by AlyceOfLegend, Aug 22, 2022.

Hello, I am AlyceOfLegend. I got into writing as a bet with a friend. I am a fanfiction writer to one specific fandom; however, my stories are so AU, I doubt they can be called fanfiction for that fandom. *shrug

Anyway, I have been lurking, reading questions for research and such, and thought this would help me.

Writing is a coping mechanism for my stress. I have hundreds of WIPs (I love to plot out new stories), and few completed stories. Most range from 10k to 50k words.

I want to write my original work, yet I am hesitant to start. Can I fully describe the world, the characters, the plot? I don't know yet.

petra4 and Lawless like this.
  2. Xoic

Xoic Prognosticator of Arcana Ridiculosum Contributor Blogerator

Heya, howzitgoin', what's up? :D

What does AU mean? I guess that's a fanfic-specific term? Or something I haven't run across before, anyway.

Welcome to our little forum! Hope you enjoy it here.

AlyceOfLegend likes this.
  3. Thundair

Thundair Contributor Contributor

Welcome. I wondered also what AU meant. Google says it's a measurement of the distance from the center of the sun to the center of the earth. Applying that to your statement.. however, my stories are so 'OUT THERE'
    No, maybe that doesn't work. I'll wait for the true meaning. Anyway, welcome to the forum. I look forward to your post.

4. Lawless

Lawless Active Member

What makes fanfic easier to write?

5. ps102

ps102 PureSnows102 Contributor Contest Winner 2024 Contest Winner 2023

Don't wait for things like inspiration, the perfect moment, etc. Literally just do it. It won't turn out the way you want it at first and that's a perfectly okay thing. The important thing is trying and getting past the inevitable failure stage so you can look into what you did wrong, and what you did right.

Good luck and welcome to WF.

6. AlyceOfLegend

AlyceOfLegend Senior Member Contest Winner 2022

Currently Reading::
    Fanfiction- Stranger Things, Supernatural
    Oops, I have written fanfic for so long I forget. AU means alternate universe, so it doesn't follow canon of the show. I use the characters, some of their character traits, and bits of the stories. Mostly they are original stories in original settings.

For me, fanfiction is easier to write because I don't have to put so much into the backstories or histories because people of the fandom already know them.

I will read up on this forum and work up the courage to write what is in my head.

Lawless and Xoic like this.