Tags:
  1. Joshlol3

Joshlol3 Banned

Hey!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Joshlol3, Nov 17, 2019.

Hello everyone! I am a 17 year old dude from Norway. I have written on and off for the past 3 years, and have decided to improve my skills and grow as a writer. I love H.P Lovecraft, as he was the first author to instill a genuine sense of both fear and fascination in me. Although I have read a variety of works by other authors. I like writing horror and science fiction. I hope to discover new authors, new stories, and maybe even get better at writing!

Alan Aspie and Tralala like this.
  2. Night Herald

Night Herald The Fool Contributor

Hello, Josh, welcome into the fold. Lovecraft goes well with the dark and dreary Norwegian winters, doesn't he just?

3. Tralala

Tralala Active Member

True!

It's nice to meet you.

4. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

Hi Joshlol3

Welcome to the forum.:) I'm one of the forum moderators here. If you encounter any difficulties getting started, feel free to contact me (or one of the other currently active moderators, Big Soft Moose or Iain Aschendale) via a private 'conversation' and we'll do our best to help.

We have a number of members from Scandinavian countries, including our Administrator and semi-retired moderators, so I'm sure you will feel right at home here, very quickly. One of the things that has impressed me about all of them is their strong command of English. I'm always impressed by anybody who tackles a second language. (Which I have never seriously done.) And reaching the level of expertise that allows folks to do creative writing in their new language is really astounding. So you've already crossed a few thresholds here.

Horror and Science Fiction are two of our most popular genres on this forum. So you will find a lot here to interest you, I'm sure. Take your time to browse the threads. Maybe have a look at our current writing contests, which anybody can enter, and often feature very dark subjects. Votes are appreciated by the people who enter, and there are no prior requirements for voting, so that might be a good place to start getting to know us. The members enter the contests anonymously, but once the contest is over, the writers get revealed.

As you get settled in, please do take a look at these two threads. They are very important, as they will keep you on track regarding how the forum operates.

New Member Quick Start

Forum Rules

And here's another link that I find very helpful when navigating the forum. There is a lot under the hood here, which isn't obvious from the menu tabs at the top of the Community page. This will take you to where you want to go quite quickly.

https://www.writingforums.org/faq/

Anyway, have fun getting to know us and letting us get to know you.

Cheers for now,

Jan