1. Lewdog

Lewdog Come ova here and give me kisses! Supporter Contributor

Canadian Shooter in Parliament

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Lewdog, Oct 22, 2014.

I just thought I'd like to show that we are watching and care about our partner to the North. I've been watching a little and reading a little about today's shooting and it shows just how crazy our world has gotten. An innocent soldier just standing watch over a war memorial was gunned down and then an attempt to kill Parliament officials or even the Prime Minister was made. It must have been a scary site.

According to reports this could be the work of someone following ISIS commands after internet chatter from ISIS this week called for people to go after soldiers, police officers, and government officials by any means necessary. Even if that means by gun, knife, or car. Just yesterday two soldiers were run over with a car and one was killed.

http://news.yahoo.com/police-man-shot-war-memorial-ottawa-142335480.html

2. Lewdog

Lewdog Come ova here and give me kisses! Supporter Contributor

Here is an article with some more photos and videos of today's events. In one of the photos you can see where they piled chairs up against the door to keep the shooter out.

[​IMG]

http://news.yahoo.com/ottawa-parliament-shooting-video-182129851.html

3. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

This is indeed dreadful news. :( Know that you're in our hearts, my Canadian friends.

4. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

One shooter dead, but there may be more. Search is proceeding, and alert levels have been elevated elsewhere as well.

5. A.M.P.

A.M.P. People Buy My Books for the Bio Photo Contributor

Yeah, it's a bit unsettling. I heard the news from once of my customers and she was rather upset over it.

It's a shame this is happening and a bit frightening considering how many soldiers and cops I interract with regularly.

6. Lemex

Lemex That's Lord Lemex to you. Contributor

I heard about this on the news, and I wasn't really in a good frame of mind, so to me this entire story seems like a sort of odd dream. It's really awful news, and yet more fuel to my building 'I hate humanity' pyre.