1. tdk321

tdk321 Member

Whats your favourite type of cheese, (if you have)?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by tdk321, Jan 23, 2019.

Personally I prefer the Blue-Molten slutty type, kinda like lava that destroys anything in its path and if not devoured directly- then annihilated via sulfur dioxide and hydrogen sulfide, but cheese.

Malisky likes this.
  2. Malisky

Malisky Malkatorean Contributor

Feta cheese ('cause it blends well with almost anything), graviera (goes well with wine) and matured cheddar are my top 3. I love cheese! :D

3. tdk321

tdk321 Member

Excellent! Btw. not sure if this is your style of music, in my opinion one of the more underrated homages to cheese.

Malisky likes this.
  4. Malisky

Pretty cool performance. :D Another hymn to cheese:

5. tdk321

tdk321 Member

Fuck man, those guys are nuts. I like, God-bless the golden 90's. Definitely also picking up on some Rammstein in their.

Malisky likes this.
  6. Malisky

That's the first I wanted to post but I preferred audio quality to wacky mv. :superagree:

7. Alan Aspie

Alan Aspie Banned Contributor

Roquefort - overdue.
    Blacl label Valio Emmental.
    Koskenlaskija Black.
    Stilton
    Finnish Squeaky Cheese
    Extra Mature Cheddar
    Grana Padano
    Norvegian type Gudbrandalsost
    and maybe 20-50 more...

Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
    tdk321 likes this.
  8. tdk321

tdk321 Member

Interesting. Cheese is always good with jam, I prefer the more primitive version with processed Gouda and toast bread (no sarcasm intended). If I come across this one though I'l definitely give it a try.

9. peachalulu

peachalulu Member Reviewer Contributor

Swiss. I love it on a toasted baguette with hot mustard.

tdk321 likes this.
  10. Iain Aschendale

Iain Aschendale Lying, dog-faced pony Marine Supporter Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Telemachus Sneezed
    Extra sharp Cheddar (Wisconsin or Vermont are my favorites, I'm still dying to try Cheddar from Cheddar)

Fairly strong bleu cheese. I say "fairly strong" because it's been my dubious privilege to try some extremely high quality stuff that, to me, tasted more like something that had been scraped from the cow's hooves than cheese.

Brie.

Camembert drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with cracked black pepper.

Pepper Jack.

11. Necronox

Necronox Contributor Contributor

Mhmmm. Cheeses. Perhaps one of my favourite food groups (yes, it's an entire food group on it's own in my house and a principal one - and perhaps the basic pillar of my dialy food requirements right along with rare steaks).

Gruyere is one of my favourites. Fantastic cheese that just goes with everything: fondue, crackers, pasta, tarts, etc... and the taste of it by itself is just sublime :) Plus, it's swiss! Go switzerland! (i'm swiss). It's also the cheese I grew up with so there is perhaps a bit of nostalgia value there.

Emmental (alternatively written [incorrectly in my opinion] as emmentaler). Another swiss cheese that I particularly like. It's a good all-rounder.

Parmesan (especially the 'proper' kind - not the imitation stuff you buy for $10 per kilo at the supermarket).

Mont D'Or: A smelly soft (actually, it's more like liquid) cheese from the Franche-Comte/Jura region of France/Switzerland and made with raw milk. It smells like 10 year old mouldy gym socks, but stick in the oven for a a few minutes, get it nice and melted and then just dip some toast into it..... mhmmmmmm. almost divine. Just remember, your kitchen is going to smell like a 15 year old changing room that's never been cleaned before for the next 4 or 5 days. hahaha.

I guess I've got a few cheese I particularly like (like almost any type of blue cheese), but these are not really on par with these above.