1. Andrew34

Andrew34 New Member

Security Procedures

Discussion in 'Research' started by Andrew34, Sep 5, 2016.

i am writing a novel where the main character is a head of state in a major country. I want information on security procedures similar to what heads of state in the US use but for obvious reasons this information is hard to find. I've read books written by bodyguards and watched documentaries but I am looking for things more detailed. Any ideas?
    Thank you -Ambitious first novel writer.

2. MarcT

MarcT Active Member

Hi Andrew
    My main character is also a head of state but the setting is a fictional country, which lends you a certain amount of license in this area.
    When you say he's head of state of a major country, I'm assuming it's an actual country, is that right?
    Gary Grossman's Executive series of books has examples of detailed security which you may wish to check out out for research purposes.
    With my main character, I had him revamp his security system allowing me to be creative, but maybe you're looking for a more real world solution?

3. Andrew34

Andrew34 New Member

Thank you Marc. I will look into the series. It's a real world security situation as my main character is the president of a country. (Us) can you tell me about your story?

4. MarcT

MarcT Active Member

It's set in a fictional South American republic and centres around a president who isn't all that he seems.
    Not truly parody, but there are elements of parody that one could associate with an actual SA country today and his rise to power has roots that go back many years.
    A kind of 'If I were to rewrite history' backstory, the seeds of which were sown over 200 years before actual events.
    How about your story Andrew?

5. Andrew34

Andrew34 New Member

I sent you a PM Marc and i am a 33% of the way through the first book in his series. I never knew he existed, almost as good as David Balducci, but it could end up being a lot better!

6. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

theres plenty of stuff arround about the attempted assissination of ronald regan (particularly at present as hinkley is about to be released)

theres also the secret service website itself http://www.secretservice.gov/protection/

and various books about the secret service