1. mummymunt

mummymunt New Member

Graham Masterton

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by mummymunt, Mar 6, 2011.

I was just wondering if there are any other Graham Masterton fans out there, and if so, are they as bothered by his recent novels as I am?
    I've been reading his stuff for a long time, but it's kinda hard to find here in Oz, so until recently I actually didn't have much of a collection. A couple of months ago I was at one of the local libraries and found a huge number of recently published novels and borrowed as many as I was allowed.
    His older stuff has always had some kind of an effect on me - there's always been at least one part of each book that was written so well that it scared the absolute crap out of me. This current stuff, though, is leaving a lot to be desired. With every one I read, it feels like there are huge chunks of story missing.
    There's little or no build up to anything that happens, everyone just accepts that whatever supernatural thing is hunting them is real, and the solution comes to hand far too quickly. Is Graham sick and just trying to pump out as many books as he can before he dies, or what?

2. Mister Cheech

Mister Cheech New Member

I read "The Devil in Gray." It was pretty good. That's all I know.