1. DoctorFitz

DoctorFitz Member

Interrogating an international fugitive

Discussion in 'Research' started by DoctorFitz, Oct 29, 2019.

My MC was hunted dead or alive by every single country in this planet because he killed a lot lo important political figures, despite everyone that he killed are actually evil politicians. In one part of the story, he was finally caught and brought to Area 51 for interrogation. I pick Area 51 not only because it could be a safest place to contain such wanted person with all the military personnel there, but also because there is an item there that he have to retrieve to progress to the next part of the story.

The question is, how could i make the interrogation scene as real as possible? Will they try to ask nicely about his motives, technologies, and followers, or just straight out torturing him for informations? Is it possible for the president to come there and ask him privately out of curiousity? And how could i set up a situation where he could finally run away, retrieve the object he needed, and escape the facility? (Im planning to use few of his loyal followers to distract everyone there and give him chance to break free, dont know if i should keep this up)

2. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

given that you are so far out of the realm of realism already i'd say just make up anything that sounds good

Accelerator231 and DoctorFitz like this.
  3. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    Yeah, um...Area 51 is a place where they test classified experimental aircraft.
    It doesn't have anything to do with being a secret base where they house Aliens
    and stuff like that. It's essentially an Airforce Air Base. :p

DoctorFitz likes this.
  4. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

I'd look at something like Matthew Reilly Area 7 for inspiration... since the first victim of that kind of war is not innocence, but realism

DoctorFitz likes this.
  5. DoctorFitz

DoctorFitz Member

Yeah, im just pulling the name A51 out because i don't know where should i name the place in which the government store the item. Should i just write up another made up location, or add some spices to the existing A51, making it a bit more like what the movies and conspiracy theories told us?

Cave Troll likes this.
  6. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    Yeah, just cook something up, since the Area 51 thing has been way overdone,
    that it is now beyond crispy. :p
    :superidea:

DoctorFitz likes this.
  7. DoctorFitz

DoctorFitz Member

Thanks for this, gonna look up on that real quick

8. DoctorFitz

DoctorFitz Member

Yeah, maybe youre right about Area 51 being used way too many time. So i guess i should just make a new super-secret facility where they stash their most dangerous stuffs, and bring MC there because they deemed the weapon he used throughout the story as something way too dangerous for an individual to have (or anything better i could come up with). Thanks for the insight

Cave Troll likes this.
  9. H. Antler

H. Antler Member

Torturing is really inefficient as pretty much anyone will say anything they think the interrogator wants to hear. The victim will make stuff up in hopes of relief.

Interview with actual interrogator who solved Saddam’s location. Interesting stuff but not very macho.
    http://investorfieldguide.com/maddox/

10. Accelerator231

Accelerator231 Contributor Contributor

Well, for one thing, you won't have the president coming there. You may, however, gain a video call conference from him.

11. Thorn Cylenchar

Thorn Cylenchar Senior Member

Like others have said above- avoid area 51 as that is waaaayyyy overdone. I would make up a 'blacksite' or use an obscure base in an area close to where he was caught.

They wouldn't physically torture, at least not at first, but sleep deprivation, running the AC on high. Look up 'enhanced interrogation techniques'. Depending on how bad you want to make his captors look you can escalate pretty quickly.

Would the president be there? Not likely, if he was it would be a secure video feed, never in the same room with a known mass murderer.

12. Accelerator231

Accelerator231 Contributor Contributor

Also, which politicians did he murder?

Killing the president of Libya, Nigeria, or some other bumfuck country might net you nothing but a slap on the wrist.

Murdering someone like the Queen of England or the prime minister of Germany.... might get you more.