1. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

pro writing aid

Discussion in 'Writing Software and Hardware' started by big soft moose, Aug 13, 2017.

https://prowritingaid.com/

Has anyone used this and if so what did you think ? Its an editing aid a bit like grammarly except it allegedly captures style issues, vagueness, repetition etc

It sounds really good, and gets good reviews, but I am skeptical (by nature) so i wondered if anyone has good or bad to report ?

2. Dreams2Paper

Dreams2Paper New Member

They have a free version that you can try out and see for yourself. You can simply upload a document up to 500 words and see if it's what you want.

3. mashers

mashers Contributor Contributor Community Volunteer

From the description on their web site, this sounds amazing. I also would like to hear from anyone who has used it.

4. Bill Chester

Bill Chester Active Member

I bought it an hour ago, after testing the 500-word version. They mention using it with Scrivener, but I'm not seeing anything about connecting. There is a Word plug-in, but I don't have Word. Editing in the online screen is unpleasant.

My main concern with rewriting my draft is what they call 'sticky sentences', low-quality sentences with too many common words.

You can test your work on the 500-word version. When I saw the sticky sentences underlined, I was sold.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
  5. mashers

mashers Contributor Contributor Community Volunteer

I think the reference to Scrivener was just about copying and pasting between the two pieces of software. This is, of course, possible with any combination of text-based apps, so the reference to Scrivener seemed like marketingese to me.

How well did it work? I'd be really interested to hear your thoughts. I don't really want to sign up for the trial unless it's worth it.

6. Bill Chester

Bill Chester Active Member

Mashers, at $40US for one year, and it does exactly what I've been searching for, I'm willing to give it a try.

Maybe there's better software--I didn't search. This is a new tool, an automated writing analyzer. With use, I expect to learn to use its analysis algorithms as I write.