1. Raven

Raven Banned

Music Mixing Software

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Raven, Sep 9, 2007.

I’m looking for some software to mix music. Which will also change the music for example. I would like to take out the music and leave the vocals and place a different music with the vocals making the track completely unique.

Like say a rock song I want the software to remove the drums guitars bass and replaced it eg with dance music. I’d also like to stretch the vocals on certain tracks.

I have unfortunately been unable to find the right software. The worst I used was one called magix Music maker. (So please do not suggest that one.)

If you can help I’d be very grateful.

Thanks

~Raven

2. Frost

Frost Active Member

Theres a variety of free products, and products you can aqquire for free(the legallity of this is however, dubious).

Audacity is more for recording but has very basic mixing qualities. Its freeware.

From torrents, you can download Acid Pro 5 which should allow you to do what you've described(it will take a while to learn, though).
    You can use Fruity Loops Studio 5, however this is more for making tracks. However, you could do what you've described(the depth of sound manipulation available is great) but it will take a long time to learn.
    Apart from these there are proffesional programs that you can buy, that are expensive, often somewhat hard to use but will give the best results.

Good luck.

3. Raven

Raven Banned

Thank you frost. I downloaded the fruity loops. Wow complicated is one word.

4. Frost

Frost Active Member

Complicated indeed. Take the tutorial. It will help you to no end.

5. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

Look for Kristal Audio Engine. It's free and great for recording your own stuff.

6. Raven

Raven Banned

Thanks Daniel.

7. Raven

Raven Banned

I think thats wise.

8. Frost

Frost Active Member

It's long, and somewhat tedious in parts. The very basics are pretty boring, but you'll be glad you know them.

9. jj3125

jj3125 New Member

i've been recording an mixing music for about three years now... and trust me, it doesnt get any easier. good thing to do if you want to get the real software is to research the one that has the most preset functions. for instance, adobe audition has a remove vocals preset which seems to work... that way you dont have to actually know anything about the technical side of things.

10. Raven

Raven Banned

Hey thanks.