1. BayView

BayView Huh. Interesting. Contributor

Pronoun Book Distribution...

Discussion in 'Self-Publishing' started by BayView, Jan 17, 2017.

I was just reading about this company at https://janefriedman.com/pronoun-distribution/ and it sounds too good to be true... but I'm not seeing the glitch.

Does anyone have any experience with them?

2. ChickenFreak

ChickenFreak Contributor Contributor

Huh. Maybe it's about market share and Macmillan fighting Amazon?

3. BayView

BayView Huh. Interesting. Contributor

There's definitely some weird Amazon-related stuff involved - like, their terms make it mandatory that the books ALL be listed in Amazon. Don't have to list with Amazon through Pronoun, but can't opt out of Amazon entirely. Any other market is optional, but Amazon is mandatory. So it seems more like collusion than fighting...

4. RikWriter

RikWriter Member

Huh. I assume since you're listing it somewhere else, you can't put your books in Kindle Select, though. That would be a dealbreaker for me, since I make a lot of money off page reads.

5. Homer Potvin

Homer Potvin A tombstone hand and a graveyard mind Staff Supporter Contributor

No experience with them but it does sound too good to be true. And I wasn't a fan of the dude in the interview. Sounded to me like he had a team of lawyers go over the answers before he gave them, haha.