Tags:
  1. Zackery

Zackery New Member

Need A list of Sin's

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Zackery, Jun 20, 2019.

Ok, So im writing an Prose Poem, about a guy that goes through purgatory, and i have come to a part where i need to list out a whole bunch of things that this guy has done that deserves his divine punishment.

What sort of things do you think could be listed as qualifiable crimes against god?

[Keepin mind that the God portrayed in the Prose, is more of a circular, self assertained God. As in; The "God" is actually the universe of natural laws, that is enacting on this person because this person enacted on it. Sortve the cosmic bounds of karma, and whatever you give, you will get the same or worse negative reprecussions back]

So far i have

He lied/he denied the truth to somebody and thus broke his ties to the honest universe
    He cheated/ he took advantage of another person, breaking ties again, and possibly hurt another persons ties
    And he neglected something important/ he was given something to be resposible for in his world and he relinquished his responsibiliy. Hurting the benefit that should belong to the universe

Those 3 are what i have. I would like to have at least 5 or 10 though.

Do you guys have any suggestions?
    (If you do, please include the reason the Sin would be so harmful, like i did above.)

Thanks So much!

2. The Piper

The Piper Contributor Contributor

If you're looking for sins, I would say instead of 5 or 10 maybe 7 is a good number... If you can find an example of something he might have done that correlates to each of the 7 deadly sins, then that would work out pretty nicely. So your neglecting something important could be Sloth, the cheating could be Lust, etc etc.

3. Zackery

Zackery New Member

That.. dosnt sound like that bad of an idea at all. I mean, im not sure if i agree completly with the seven sins. Ive never seen how the seven listed items would ever be the basis for all types of sin that exist.. though i can picture some of them being responsible for some things in part.

But the idea of having that as a conceptual podium in which i can deliver the message of the text dosnt sound bad at all. Its already wrapped up and formatted if given like that, with a established background to it as well.

Ill definatly consider the suggestion.. thanks for putting it out -.-b

4. The Piper

No worries, just an idea. The other thing I considered suggesting was based on the fact that you said "qualifiable crimes against God". Now, a lot of people tend to believe that even the smallest sin (if you don't repent or ask for forgiveness) would condemn you to an eternity in Hell, and that Heaven is a very exclusive members-only club that's just absolutely impossible to get into. I don't know a whole lot about your project or the structure of it, but it could be a nice reveal that, after all the suffering your character is going through, he's actually done very little to deserve it.

But yeah, work with what you've got and see what comes out of it at the end!

5. The Dapper Hooligan

The Dapper Hooligan (V) ( ;,,;) (v) Contributor

Biblically, 7 was a number symbolizing completeness. If you're going for a Hebrew~ish perspective of god and sin, it might be a nice bit of subtext and intertextuality.

6. Zackery

Zackery New Member

Well, I guess either way im still open to suggestions for what this guy had done to cause himself having to go through pergatory.

Things that he could have done, that would have set his eternal soul off balance with the eternal universe, and the eternal laws that conduct the universe of souls...

Ideas of types of things that he could have done in his life, to set him off course, and thereby enact the negative motions of the metaphysical world

He cheated
    He lied
    And he was negligent
    Maybe also he stole, he murdered/in a way, and he manipulated...

Anybody else can think of some other good ones?

7. matwoolf

matwoolf Banned Contributor

Pissing in the sink regularly
    Being evil to babies [babies w/the mean faces, not ordinary babies]
    ...or to dogs [similar, w little dogs only]
    Not caring [about presentation] when cooking [for the family]
    Dropping litter when no-one is looking at you, for attention moment.
    Fantasies about crowds of naked ladies
    The google crowds naked ladies disappointment
    Having to explain about 'poetry' google to stupid wife.

jannert, Maverick_nc and The Piper like this.
  8. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

slept with his best friends wife and his wife's best friend

Iain Aschendale and Thundair like this.
  9. The Piper

Then slept with his wife for good measure.

His best friend was unsure.

10. Thundair

Thundair Contributor Contributor

I think in a universal way everything is legal as Paul said in first Cor 6-12

“Everything is permissible for me”--but not everything is beneficial.

It’s a sin to park across your driveway and I’m sure that’s not in a book somewhere. I can think of a lot of sins that would not be written in a book of righteousness.

So, what I’m saying is, besides the seven deadly sins in the bible there are plenty more in the neighborhood.

The Dapper Hooligan likes this.
  11. The Dapper Hooligan

But drinking fountains are still okay?

matwoolf likes this.
  12. Iain Aschendale

Iain Aschendale Lying, dog-faced pony Marine Supporter Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Telemachus Sneezed
    Wore clothing of mixed fibers.
    Rounded the corners of his beard.
    Ate shellfish.
    Boiled a kid in its mother's milk (probably referring to a goat, but the modern imagery is something we can all agree is probably wrong.)

13. The Dapper Hooligan

Probably belongs in the Trump thread, but:

The alien living with you must be treated as one of your native-born. Love him as yourself, for you were aliens in Egypt. I am the LORD your God. -- Leviticus 19:34

Iain Aschendale likes this.
  14. Iain Aschendale

Telemachus Sneezed
    [​IMG]

The Dapper Hooligan likes this.
  15. Zackery

Zackery New Member

All of these answers are vauge and generalized.

What happened to the Imaginative people who populated this site, only the last year, huh?

I was here last summer, and i got multitudes of great answers for each problem i had...
    You peeps arnt even attempting to answer the question..

16. The Dapper Hooligan

About a third of the posts give specific examples of sins, some exactingly paraphrased from the Hebrew (and consequently Christian) Bible.

"Complaining about things that aren't a thing: you better believe it's hell for you, boy."

17. Iain Aschendale

Telemachus Sneezed
    So you dropped in here a year ago and saw that this was a helpful place, then left.

Now you come in asking for help on what is a fairly basic question that could almost certainly be solved by googling, but that's too much trouble, and you feel it's your right to berate the membership for not giving you what you want.

Mod hat on: You get out of this forum what you put into it. So far, you have contributed little or nothing, and are not in any position to criticize our members for not taking time out of their lives to do your work for you.

18. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

You can't write a book by committee - it's you the author who has to use your imagination to come up with solutions to your problems - asking a forum for ideas each time is not the way forward.

Also if you want specific answers you need to ask a specific question - when your question "what sorts of things could be sins against god" is vague and general , you can't be legitimately surprised when the answers you get are in the same vein

Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
  19. Thundair

Thundair Contributor Contributor

@Zackery You didn't see the seven deadly sins I mentioned plus the important one of parking across the driveway.
    As my wife would say, "Your so mean."
    All kidding aside I google the subject and came up with quiet a few.
    My point in the post above is whatever is a sin to you may not be to your reader.
    Some nations it is a sin for a woman to show her neck.

20. cosmic lights

cosmic lights Contributor Contributor

Start with the 7 deadly sins.