Tags:
  1. CreativeSoul

CreativeSoul New Member

Percy Jackson and the olympians

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by CreativeSoul, Apr 10, 2010.

This book has been turned into a movie but the movie (this is just my opinion)is nothing like the book.This book is funny,creative and very descriptive.I feel like I am actally there.If you can not find any book to read,read this book.

2. InkDream

InkDream Active Member

I'm in the middle of book 2. The effects from the movie were good but I was pissed that the main villain wasn't even mentioned (Kronos). It's nothing life changing, but the books are an easy and entertaining read. :D

3. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

I read the first one, and I liked it, but not enough to read the rest of them.

4. lavendershy

lavendershy New Member

I've read the first two, but as I'm borrowing them from a friend who's borrowing them from a friend, I can't get them very fast. I feel like they're better written than your average fantasy stories, and I'm easily drawn into any story. Haven't seen the movie, and I probably won't until I've finished the books. When you have your penpal ranting about them in one ear for months and your best friend ranting about them in the other, you kind of have to read them. ;)

5. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

I wanted to see the movie, but it's been getting panned so many times I don't know.....

6. Afterburner

Afterburner Active Member

I just finished the series today. I really enjoyed them and I wish there were more. I'm going to read The Demigod Files as soon as I can get my hands on it. I didn't see the movie, and from what I've heard, I'm not missing much.

7. Robyn

Robyn New Member

The books are great, in my opinion. I've finished reading the whole series a month or two ago, and I have the feeling he's going to write another series about Camp Half-blood, from the ending of The Last Olympian. And Afterburner, you're write, you're not missing anything. The movie is okay, but absolutely NOTHING like the books.