1. Norfolk nChance

Norfolk nChance Banned

It’s that briefing next Mr. President...

Discussion in 'Research' started by Norfolk nChance, Dec 11, 2018.

It’s that briefing next Mr. President...

Need a couple of pointers on research and MC Dev & Plot areas.

Idea:
    I’m building a shortish story involving the brash tv star becoming the newly elected US President Donald Trump. He’s taken through the job orientation and meetings. The story focuses on the other CIA secret briefing all Presidents have got since the War. This involves Area51, Aliens, Nuclear Tests that woke up our local neighbors in horror. The reactions and imagined conversations that then followed...

Research:
    Is there any listed Presidential protocols and procedures with timeline from election vote count victory to the inauguration speech? The transition of power procedure and handing over the football?

MC Dev:
    I wanted to tell it from the Man in Black POV giving the briefing to the President. How does he deliver and control the room with a known extrovert and vocal Commander in Chief? Would it be possible to use polar opposites without lampooning Trump or turning the MiB guy into a dead pan Tommy Lee Jones copy?

Plot Dev:
    Trump needs to go on an emotional rollercoaster ride that he concludes has little if no control over...

Any Input Pointers...
    Is it a bad idea? Or any thoughts or Qs that need including to make it believable and plausible?

I wanted to stay away from Comedy, but if I did it should be very dry indeed...

Any help much appreciated

Norfolk nChance