1. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

Decisions!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Heather Louise, Sep 22, 2007.

well, it is that time once again that i dread. making a decision about what to do with my hair.

now i know people may think i am very shallow, daft, whatever for this but i spend ages worrying after my hair. over the past few momnths i have been growing it out and it is now a little bit down my back. i am getting it cut in a few hours and need some advice.

do i let it continue growing, only getting the ends trimmed today. if i keep grwoing it i will want it past the back of my bra strap, a bit longer than that.

or, do i get it cut short. follow the link to see some picturs that are similar to what i would want it cut like if it were short, only not a short at the back. Spring Hair Trend...Rihanna's Inverted Bob - The Fashion Files - Zimbio

pleaseeee help peoples, this is a big decision. :eek:
    ~ Heather

2. Charisma

Charisma Transposon Contributor

For your face, I'd suggest a short cut, but a little less short than the picture. That one is pretty ravenous. If only my mom would let me have one like that.

3. Heather Louise

thanks for the suggestion Anthraxx. short hair does suit my face more than long. and how come you aren't allowed it short, isn't it your choice??
    Heather

4. Charisma

My mom doesn't allow me to get my hair cut the way I want it, always. Even if I'm allowed short, I personally do not like it too short - like in the picture (the shortest, even for you, I believe is upto the neck). I'm particularly not allowed haircuts which are a bit fashionable, as you may call it.

5. Heather Louise

oww, i am sorry ot hear that. we had a girl in our class before who loved my hair (which was long at the time) and when i suggested growing it out she said her mam wouldn't let her as it was, and i quote, "a haircut slags have." i was fuming. lol.

and yea, i have never had it that short, the shoterst being just about my shoulder. i qouldn't have it quite so shaved in at the back though, that's too short for my liking.

6. Charisma

Yeah, keep it long. Be a feminist of the past lol.

Ouch, my mom wouldn't ever mind me having an acre long hair. Just wait for my sisters' marriage. She'll let me do just anything.

7. Heather Louise

lol. i like having long hair actually as you can do so much morw with it style wise. i feel really girly with long hair, lol. how long is your like??

8. Charisma

It used to be just above my hips, until I got it cut short that now it reaches in between my back :(.

9. Heather Louise

owww, i did the same thing about a year ago. mine used to be like just above my hips then i got it cut off to my shoulders. the worst decision i ever made. :(

10. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

I personally don't like the bob in the link but that's just me! Heh. My mum is like "HAVE IT SHORT!" mainly because she can't understand why people with long hair are just going to tie it up anyways! So I normally have pretty short hairstyles but I'm growing mine again. I had it cut I think just before december last year. It was nearly halfway down my back, just past that annoying stage of growing it past my shoulders where it tends to go all uneven and kinks like mad. But I'm growing it again, my Boyfriend like long hair and I'm pretty happy to grow it again, I just get annoyed by having my hair trapped under my shoulders and that when I go to sleep!

But When my hair was long, I had a glamour photo done and it was all curled and looked pretty snazzy if I do say so myself! So I hope to get it that long again, that way I can do more with it.

Maybe you could just get 'The Rachel' hairdo! :p LOL. That was big years ago... sigh.... fads....

11. Eoz Eanj

Eoz Eanj Contributor Contributor

Don't get it cut short, you can't do much with short hair (trust me, my hair has always been short) and medium/long hair seems to suit you, perhaps if you want something different you could get it layered and cut so it frames your face, but nothing too over the top otherwise it'll distract attention from your pretty face..

as for the whole-rihannon-hair style.. eh.. personally I think it's pretty unoriginal, kinda clishe, then again I only think that because where I live nearly every girl has their hair cut like that.

12. summer-ray

summer-ray Banned

if your so worried about your hair you could always just shave it off, n you could wake up every morning with a great hairdo

13. wordwizard

wordwizard New Member

keep it long for the fall and in the summer get it short. Thats what I do. If you want something different then add some layers. I am guessing since youpsted this 9 hours ago that you already have you heair cut by now hahaha.You have good facial structure so I am sure you will look great either way. Better show pictures either way.

14. summer-ray

summer-ray Banned

yeah layers are good in any hair i reckon, even in summer, instead of sacrificing your long locks to the sun you can always get it layered. you keep the length and its lighter and breezier!

15. The Freshmaker

The Freshmaker <insert obscure pop culture reference> Contributor

Get choppy layers, but keep it long.

16. Heather Louise

hahaa, my mam told me about that before. i like her hair actually but not for me, i need straightners. :p
    haha, i don't know whether to laugh or cry at tht sugeestion,, lol. :p

and thanks everyone for giving me your opinion. and i have had it cut. . . . . .

i kept it long. :p i got like a little fringe cut in and lots of layers cut in and i will hopefully get a picture soon.

17. Baywriter

Baywriter Contributor Contributor

Aw. Why does everyone insist on keeping long hair? I used to have hair way down past my waste, but I like to have it above my shoulders. I get it layered and then flipped out. It's sassy, cute, and sophisticated. Short hair makes a person look more mature. That's why I can't stand it when older women have long hair. It just looks tacky. >.<

But you're still young, so it's fine. I just think short would've been better.

18. rml8607

rml8607 New Member

I keep reading everyone talking about their hair being passed their waist, and it freaks me out! I've never had my hair that long and I can only imagine how hard it must be to take care of. The longest I've had my hair is right below my chest, which felt heavy and annoying cause I have thick hair. Anyway, your new haircut sounds cute. Post a picture! :)

19. summer-ray

summer-ray Banned

in first grade i was able to sit on my hair....then i got bubble gum stuck in it:(

20. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

I have my hair hald way down my back and if I cut it short I look like a freak to be honest.

I like long hair and would NEVER let my hair get cut short again. I go with layering and shaping around the front. It is eligant and sophisticated. Makes my face look fuller and all that.

Heather I can't wait to see what you hair looks like sweety, sounds like it isn't too bad actually. Hurry up witht the photo! :D

21. Heather Louise

i am trying to get a photo and have taken one on my mams phone but she don't wanna put it on the comp yet as she cant be arsed. give us a few days ;)