1. blackstar21595

blackstar21595 New Member

Kindling by Raymond Carver

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by blackstar21595, Jan 28, 2013.

2. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

why are you posting a link to a story by a well-published bestselling author?

3. blackstar21595

We all are aspiring authors. However, there are times when we are stuck when it comes to pacing,characterization,dialogue, or some other matter. Who better to learn from, than the masters of the trade. This is one of the masters. As you can see, I'm not using this for any malicious intent, I'm sharing this with my fellow writers because after reading and analyzing how Carver creates a story, I found that I got better at writing afterwards. Is there a problem that I'm unaware of as a new member?

4. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

There is a forum under Community Interaction called Book Discussion. However, instead of posting an offsite link, you should post the title and author, and assume members can google to find the story or book under consideration.

Also, the recommendation should consist of more than a link or reference, such as why members of the community should consider reading the piece.

5. blackstar21595

Thank you Cogito, I'll be sure to do that next time.