1. J. J. Wilding

J. J. Wilding Member

Self-Promotion on these Forums

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by J. J. Wilding, Jan 19, 2019.

As someone who joined these forums for advice, inspiration and the chance to read other peoples work, I find myself curious as to the rules of self-promotion. Is it an instant ban, or can I plug my novel and my patreon in links for people on these forums to check out and potentially become backers?

All opinions welcome, the more official the better! I only ask because these forums seem pretty jam-packed with helpful individuals and I'm looking for support in my own endeavours. If there's no issue then I'll create a seperate thread, just wanted to make sure I wouldn't be banned for doing so.

Let me know!

2. ChickenFreak

ChickenFreak Contributor Contributor

3. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

Unfortunately that's an old FAQ and the ads manager page is returning a 404 - I think the general rule these days is no self promotion,

You used to be able to load your books to a library that ran in the pane at top right but that kind of fell on its arse because only Daniel can add them and he's a deep cover operative for the CIA (okay that last bit may not be strictly true but he disappears for long periods of time with no explanation) … I uploaded my first book to the wait list ten months ago... it still hasn't been added, so I didn't bother with the next four.

(also I've moved this to the support and feedback forum because it has more chance of an official answer down there than hidden in the self pub subforum)

4. J. J. Wilding

J. J. Wilding Member

Ah, I was just going to include two hyperlinks in a thread for people to check out. Nevermind then.