Tags:
  1. Bakkerbaard

Bakkerbaard Contributor Contributor

Other Specific Software

Discussion in 'Writing Software and Hardware' started by Bakkerbaard, Apr 15, 2020.

Before I start my Scrivener trial, which maybe even does what I'm about to ask here, I'm wondering if anyone knows of software that would help me outline in a specific way.

What I'm thinking of is essentially Twine, but better. I can take a bit of story, put it in a box and move that box around if it turns out I'm screwing up my pacing or some other writerly thing. Problem is, Twine is for making text adventures and writing in it looks more like code, which is distracting. And ugly.
    I would like to be able to start at, say, an upper layer, where I see a box that says: MC has dinner with family.
    Then I click on the box and I get a close-up of that scene, with the dialogue and the proper formatting and whatnot of that scene or snippet.
    Does this make any sense at all?

Ofcourse, according to actual writers, nothing beats a good old fashioned post-it on a wall, but I prefer to keep everything within this 1920x1080 frame. I can't really bring a wall full of post-its to work.
    So, does anyone know of a digital version of slapping post-its on a wall, basically?

2. Hammer

Hammer Moderator Staff Supporter Contributor

Sticky note?

I use a workflow programme that I had access to as a developer, but it is really just glorified sticky notes

3. Xoic

Xoic Prognosticator of Arcana Ridiculosum Contributor Blogerator

Well that sounds exactly like the way I figured out to use Evernote, so I could be too cheap to buy Scrivener. Check it.

4. Bakkerbaard

Bakkerbaard Contributor Contributor

A post I thoroughly examined before completely forgetting about it. I'll check Evernote out as well.

Xoic likes this.
  5. Xoic

Xoic Prognosticator of Arcana Ridiculosum Contributor Blogerator

It's free, and I *THINK* it works on Mac and PC both, but not entirely sure on that part. Once I got it it became an instant favorite for journaling and taking notes etc.

Bakkerbaard likes this.