1. OurJud

OurJud Contributor Contributor

Blogs still very broken

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by OurJud, Jul 11, 2022.

Apart from the inconvenience of having to scroll through 1654 ‘tags’ in order to reach the ‘Create post’ button, the minimum character thing doesn’t appear to work. If the minimum character count isn’t met, the post won’t submit. So if it won’t submit until that is met, how have I had an entry deleted for not meeting the minimum post requirement?

Furthermore, when you hit ‘Create new entry’, it takes you to the edit page of the last entry submitted.

2. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

you've had a post deleted (in fact two of them) for writing "have to submit 150 words blah blah blah" over and over again to evade the character filter... you might think that's clever, but it really isn't... if you want to blog here follow the rules like every one else

when daniel next surfaces we'll get him to look at the create new entry thing - that sounds like an actual bug

3. OurJud

OurJud Contributor Contributor

I didn’t think it was clever. Just the most obvious way to get around the minimum character thing.
    Okay, thanks.

4. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

the obvious way to comply with the minimum chracter thing is to post writing... this here being a writing forum and all

5. Vaughan Quincey

Vaughan Quincey Active Member

Currently Reading::
    JG Ballard - Concrete Island
    The Blog is confusing the fuck out of me. Will try tomorrow. If it's broken for me, please let me know, so I won't be wasting my time.
    I know you do your best, but here is how a random user feels about it.
    Invaluable, I know...
    (Seriously though, is it me, or is it you?)

6. big soft moose

it confuses the fuck out of me too and I'm the admin. Daniel (the owner) switched the blogs to a new system which we have very little control over and which changed a lot of the essential settings, since then I've been blundering about in the dark trying to get it to work without actually knowing what the settings are supposed to be, and in some cases fixing one thing has broken something else and so on

the obvious thing to do would be to ask daniel, but he hasn't logged in since June, so yeah...

The bottom line is that if you're wanting to use it to post writing, i'll try to make it work for you, if you just fancy having a blog to mess about with, or to use for any non writing reason, it'll be a lot easier for both you and me if you just use facebook, or blogger, or wordpress or whatever

EFMingo likes this.