1. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

those feather/quill thingies...

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by mammamaia, Nov 7, 2011.

am i the only one here who almost can't tell the yellow and red ones apart?... why can't one be so completely different in color, instead of so close, that old eyes like mine won't confuse the two?

like, have one be blue, or green?

pretty please!

ps:
    why do some last words on the line get duped in the next line when posted?... i just checked and i have only one 'completely' in my post box, but it comes out duped in the thread! :p

2. Thanshin

Thanshin Active Member

I always browse the page with no images and no colors, what are those quills you talk about? What's their purpose?

3. Protar

Protar Active Member

I'd say yellow and red are pretty far apart colours and I can't say I've ever had any problems. Aren't blue and green closer? Seems like you might have a case of colour blindness, no offense.

4. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

Thanshin: the quills are visual indicators of whether or not there are new posts in a forum. They are yellow when there aren't, compared to red when there are.

Maia: the problem is that whatever colour they are, someone will complain. Ideally, we'd have several different colour scheme options, from which users could choose, but that would take time and money from Daniel, and so would have to be taken up with him directly.

5. Thanshin

Thanshin Active Member

Oh, it's ok then. I've found other ways to get that information. :)

6. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

protar...
    i meant to keep the yellow and change the red to blue or green, which would be a much greater contrast... and no, i'm not now, have never been color-blind... no offense taken...

banz...
    it's no biggie for me, since i don't decide anything based on those quill/feather thingies anyway... just thought i'd mention it...

7. Protar

Protar Active Member

@mammamai - oh right, that makes sense then. As I say I've never had the problem but I think blue would be the best difference seeing as green is actually closer to yellow than red. Although actually blue is just as far away as red is technically.