1. Orcalot

Orcalot Member

Novel For everyone on the writers forum - Thank You

Discussion in 'Genre Discussions' started by Orcalot, Sep 4, 2011.

Just want to say thanks to everyone here. I've been a writer forever, but have had a novel brewing in my brain for the last year or so. I never wrote a word of it due to a ridiculously large dose of writers block, writers fear, writers whatever-you-want-to-call-it. But I actually started to write it a few weeks ago, and this week I hit my frist 10,000 words. I'm truly grateful to the forum. I might not contribute much, but I do read a lot of the posts. As someone who lives in the mountains with dogs and cats, and paints for a living, well, let's just say that writers are hard to come by in my neck of the woods. It's been wonderful to discover that I'm not actually going insane, that other writers have all the same kind of writing problems and neurosis.

I know it's a terrible cliche, but writing a novel is just the Everest of writing. At the moment I'm at lower base camp, trying to breathe and acclimatise and just get used to the daily discipline of it. Every time I stop and turn off the computer, I can't help thinking - if I'm strggling to breathe now, what am I gonna be like at camp 3 and 4??? But I think you have to stop yourself thinking like that, cos if you even glance up at the summit you're f&*!!ked. I'm starting to realise that the only way to climb this mother of a mountain is one word at a time.

So thanks again forum people. It's just great to know that I'm not alone. :)

1 person likes this.
  2. Manav

Manav New Member

Felt the same way when I newly joined the site. Thanks for sharing and good luck with your writing.

3. LostInFiction

LostInFiction New Member

Hello,
    Congratulations to you on reaching your 10k. It's a good landmark on the way to the top of your mountain :D
    Now, I've put my map down somewhere around here and I'm currently lost at around the half way mark so I best be getting on. Good luck! See you at the top ;)

4. VM80

VM80 Contributor Contributor

Excellent work. :)

What kind of book are you writing?

5. Talitha

Talitha New Member

The most important thing is that you have people here who believe in you! And some of us here will be cheering you on all the way.

Keep writing!

6. Tesoro

Tesoro Contributor Contributor

That was great to hear, having people sharing your interest does a whole lot to the self encouraging and to the motivation, I have noticed that myself since joining. Plus there are always someone to answer any question you might have (and you will, often) which is very helpful. So congrats and good luck with your writing! :)

7. Forceflow

Forceflow New Member

i recently reached 10,000 words too, well done, its taken me forever. guess i got held up by some wild leopards. :)