1. ExNihilo24

ExNihilo24 New Member

Agalloch

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by ExNihilo24, Oct 25, 2010.

Okay so I will start off stating that Agalloch is a band I listen too, but this is a topic about the lyrics they create and how the songs empower these lyrics, creating true art. I could not find any other forum that seemed appropriate for this subject. If this is meant to go elsewhere, I am sorry and am fine with it being moved/closed.

Search the song "You Were But A Ghost In My Arms" and read the lyrics along with the music.

I know when I listen to them, the sheer imagery is amazing. Most of their stuff makes me think of wandering through a forest during the winter, even if the lyrics dont always suggest that kind of scenery.

So, everyone, I was eager to hear what everyone's opinion about the music, and what imagery strikes you.

2. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Contributor

Good song. In fact, The Mantle is a great CD all the way around. Hard to think of an American metal band that surpasses Agalloch.

3. ExNihilo24

ExNihilo24 New Member

Im glad someone else appreciates Agalloch. I am eagerly awaiting the fourth full length. It should be finished here soon=D

4. Steerpike

I'm looking forward to it as well. There are a handful of bands whose CDs I'll buy the instant they come out. Opeth and Agalloch are on that list.

I also like Dark Tranquility, which I see is in your sig block.

5. ExNihilo24

ExNihilo24 New Member

I agree, Opeth is also a band I absolutely love. I find Blackwater Park to be the best album by them.

6. Steerpike

Yeah, Opeth has undergone quite a bit of transformation over the years. Of their early sound, I love Morningrise. And I've long gone back and forth between Blackwater Park and Still Life as overall favorites.

7. ExNihilo24

ExNihilo24 New Member

I do love the older stuff as well. As soon as I found out they released a Candlelight Years album set with the first 3 albums I ran out to HMV to buy it.