1. thatgirlmunster

thatgirlmunster New Member

I Don't Know What I'm Doing

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by thatgirlmunster, Jul 1, 2015.

I am completely ignorant. I have been trying to navigate three writing forums (including this one) for the past 20 minutes but my attempts have been ridiculously clumsy, I seem to lack basic understanding of how discussion forums work. Rather than descend any further into confusion, I thought it would be best to introduce myself.

I have just begun writing again. I used to write completely from imagination as a child but eventually that skill trailed off as I strided into adulthood. I interned at magazines and contributed to websites but was never able to regain my previous aptitude for fiction.

Recently I became a little ill and had some personal issues, which seemed to act as a catalyst for a writing frenzy. A blog has become the compromise: www.thatgirlmunster.tumblr.com (please check it out if you can). It has acted as a brilliant motivational tool as the commitment I have felt to regularly updating has meant that I post about once or twice a week.

On thatgirlmunster I write about a whole host of things (with emphasis on travel), and though it is fact I have tried to tell tales in a "storybook" fashion. Hopefully it can read as fiction.

Which brings me to my next challenge, writing "real" fiction! I have joined so I can share ideas, gain advice and absorb information! What would be the best way to fully utilise the website? I understand that I am at a bit of a disadvantage as I only have a blog to share, as opposed to a manuscript, but I would still like to take part in the community. I really like talking to strangers (my mother obviously did a hack job when warning me against the dangers) and I am an enthusiastic learner.

Would be great to connect with as many people as I can!

Hello!

2. AlcoholicWolf

AlcoholicWolf Senior Member

Hi there Munster. I think there's a whole page somewhere in this maze which guides you on how to use the forum. I'm sure one of our moderators will be able to direct you there, and no doubt talk your ear off about it. Welcome aboard!

3. thatgirlmunster

thatgirlmunster New Member

Hi! Thank you for replying to me!

Going to have a hunt for that page

4. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Welcome to the forum! And apologies for the late welcome. Great to have you here. :)

Here's our New Member Quick Start to get you properly started. And no worries about not having much writing to share. If you want, you can add the link to your blog to your signature (like you've actually done), but other than that, this place really isn't the venue for sharing your writing (except in the workshop, check out the rules!), however, it is the venue to discuss writing, learn about the craft, find inspiration and support, and so on. We are here to help you on your journey. :)

Anyway, hope to see you around! Have fun!

-Kat