1. Aleswyn

Aleswyn New Member

Greetings

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Aleswyn, Jan 24, 2017.

Hi,

Obviously, I'm new to this forum. I've got several books in the "just getting started" stages but beyond creating my characters and deciding the gist of the story, I don't know how to continue. I never fancied myself an amazing story teller but the books I'm writing are ones that I would want to read, so I figure there's an obligation to find a way of telling them. My husband and I "outlined" (not a true, formal outline) the details together, and he was a fantastic story teller, but he passed away a year ago. I came to this forum to get some ideas and inspiration for how to finish our stories; in the process, maybe I'll find a way to help you as well!

P Chambers

Rosacrvx likes this.
  2. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    Sorry for your loss. :(

Welcome to the Forum. :superhello:

Well I think you need to pick one to work on, and then progress to the others.
    Bit of a challenge to balance too many works at once. Though I am confident
    that you will find what you are looking for. Many a nice people here. :)

Good luck with your writings, and I will C-ya around. :supersmile:

3. Aleswyn

Aleswyn New Member

I'm sure you're right about picking one to work on, and progressing to others.
    That, of course, means deciding which one to put first and which ones to sideline.
    I know that's not something anyone else could answer for me, but at least I won't
    have to worry about running out of ideas anytime soon, eh? Thanks for the feedback!

4. OJB

OJB A Mean Old Man Contributor

Welcome.

Aleswyn likes this.
  5. Catrin Lewis

Catrin Lewis Contributor Contributor Community Volunteer Contest Winner 2023

Hi there! A lot of writers work by the seat of their pants; they start with a character and a situation and write and write in order to find out what happens. Then they go back and edit the draft. That might be your natural style, you never know.

The neat thing is that there are plenty of people around here who can give you the benefit of their experience. And there's always the opportunity to brainstorm.

Welcome!