Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhispWillow

WhispWillow New Member

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by WhispWillow, Jul 18, 2007.

As most of you know, the last and final chapter of the Harry Potter series ( now reffered rightly as a phenomenon) is released on July 21st at Midnight.

This will be a huge literacy event.

As this is a Writing Forum, there will be large numbers of readers here and probably plenty of Harry Potter fans too ( including myself)

I would ask you, that if you want to enter into discussions the last book, "deathly Hallows" you do so using spoliers ( i believe there is an option to do so in posting)

Also, anybody revealing any major plot details on the day, such as things in a thread title, which may ruin the experience, will be dealt with and bans may be dished out if neccesary. The same goes for people who may try to register on this forum revealing important facts through a username. I trust most of us are mature however and will not try to ruin others fun. So please, please, if you want to discuss the last book, give warning in the thread using the spoiler method.
    Anyone revelaing anything solely through a thread title ( thus people may see it straight away and not want to) e.g "_ Kills _" etc. will be banned as you are solely out to ruin someone elses fun.

My advice to those who don't want the book spoiled for them is to stay away from the forums until you have read the book. We can ban those who try to intentionally ruin the book, but we can't revert what has already been revealed.
    So please be aware and use spoiler warnings so people know what they are entering into and do not reveal plot details in a thread title.

The spolier tags look like this:
    test

2. Ferret

Ferret New Member

The parts of your soul you refuse to recognize.
    The spoiler tags look like this:
    >Your Spoiler here< [ /spoiler] Note the space between the Bracket and the backslash at the end.

Also, this applies to any major book that ever comes out (Including Comics.) Especially comics.

3. WhispWillow

WhispWillow New Member

ah yes, cheers Ferret :)

4. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Just to clarify - the space Ferret placed between the [ and the \ in the end tag was only so you could see the tags in his post. When creating the actual tags, do NOT put a space between the [ and the /.

5. Ferret

Ferret New Member

Also, post the threads here, Book Discussion - Writing Forums , or I'll just delete them if they show-up in the lounge.

Also, I loath and despise Harry Potter.

6. csthomas

csthomas New Member

I have to ask why? I just don't think opinions are any fun unless you get to the reasons behind them :D

7. Gannon

Gannon Contributor Contributor

Here, here for the spoiler warnings, but as for Potter, I'm not that bothered anyway.

8. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Check his left wrist ;)

9. Max Vantage

Max Vantage Banned

A little extreme don't ya fink? :rolleyes: :D

And all because of that Harry Bleedin' Pothead fella. Who gives a fig anyway? It's just a book. :rolleyes:

Harry gets caught up in a dope racket and is eventually caught by the feds who sell him off as a sex slave to the Columbian cartels as revenge for their lost profits.

10. Ferret

Ferret New Member

Well, this is for more than Harry Potter.
    Frankly, I'm not gonna make a big deal as long as you put "Spoilers" in the title.

11. Raven

Raven Banned

Just to also add and confirm if I see any I will instantly Delete them or any thread without Spoilers.

There are a very large amount of fans of the books and Id hate it if the final part was ruined for anyone.

I know most of you will use spoilers, What I will ask is though If you see any kind of Spam regarding Harry Potter please use the report post button and explain its a harry potter spoiler spam thingy. There are a lot of malicious people out there.

Thank You.

~Raven.

12. WhispWillow

WhispWillow New Member

Yes, please people use spoilers. Even afterwards, this really is rather general. For isntance if you you take any other book, you don't want to find out crucial things before getting a chance to read it. So please be careful and apply this not just to Harry Potter but to all literacy.

We will most likely move this thread over to Book Discussions after Sunday/ Monday, I just felt the need to make it in this section for the time being as there is already a huge number of spolilers going around the internet,so be careful!

13. Max Vantage

Max Vantage Banned

Ironically with all the aggressive attention to Harry Potter plot spoiling in this thread it's made it become almost blatantly obvious what happens and I only once had a vague idea about it all. :rolleyes:

14. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

Max, I'm not sure what you mean.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.