1. Carriage Return

Carriage Return Member

Cesar Egido Serrano Foundation Flash Fiction Competition

Discussion in 'Writing Contests' started by Carriage Return, Nov 29, 2018.

https://www.fundacioncesaregidoserrano.com/en/activities/short-tales-contest/5-edition/item/753-v-concurso-internacional-de-microrrelatos

Anyone know anything about this international competition, supposedly in its 5th year?

I sent in a submission a year ago and they have been periodically emailing me updates promising that the winner and runners up would be announced on November 23rd--six days ago...

Cue the wind and tumbleweeds.

I mean, what are the odds of winning something with over 40,000 entries, but I still would have liked to know.

If the thing is some sort of scam, it's a pretty lame one given that all they got was my email address.

2. Artifacs

Artifacs Senior Member

I've never heard of it, but it seems serious since they claim to be nominated to an Asturias Prince Princess Award. Those awards are pretty serious. I'll check it out.

ETA: Sorry, it's Asturias Princess Price now. The Prince made it to King some of years ago. ;)

Carriage Return likes this.
  3. Carriage Return

Carriage Return Member

Thanks! It's definitely not encouraging that you're actually in Spain and have never heard of it.

4. Artifacs

Artifacs Senior Member

Don't give up hope, I'm not a big reliable source concerning writing awards. :whistle: The only Spanish awards I know are the Asturias Princess Awards (kind of a Spanish version of the Nobel Awards), the Ondas Awards (Radio) and The Goya Awards (Cinema)
    There could be hundreds of them sponsored by Spanish Providences offices (like this one you applied in, sponsored by Castilla la Mancha Providence) and I wouldn't know it anyway.

ETA: This competition is serious. They have a photo on the website with the current Queen of Spain.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
    Carriage Return likes this.
  5. Carriage Return

Carriage Return Member

Ahh, cool. Maybe the unprecedented number of submissions they mentioned this year has them backed up.

6. Artifacs

Artifacs Senior Member

No, they're serious.
    Seems you'll have to wait a little more. They say here that the results will be announced around next spring.
    https://www.fundacioncesaregidoserrano.com/en/activities/short-tales-contest
    :pop:
    Good Luck !!!

7. Homer Potvin

Homer Potvin A tombstone hand and a graveyard mind Staff Supporter Contributor

In a vacuum: 1 in 40,000.

8. Carriage Return

Carriage Return Member

Hot Damn! Time to get that Powerball ticket!