1. LGG

LGG New Member

Can anyone help me find a publisher?

Discussion in 'Traditional Publishing' started by LGG, Aug 16, 2008.

Well I've been writing for a long time, but i've never shown my work to a publisher, i live in the British Columbia area in Canada and im wondering is there a list of publishers or something to help me out.

2. TWErvin2

TWErvin2 Contributor Contributor

LGG,

You don't need to live near the publisher to submit/work with them.

There are some presses (smallish types) that publish mainly Canadian authors, I believe.

It would help me and others to know what type of book (novel/genre, nonfiction/area) you've completed and intend to submit. Many publishers only publish nonfiction, or Romance or SF/Fantsy, etc.

Terry

3. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

you can google for canadian publishers... here's a listing i use that has both us and canadian firms:

http://newpages.com/npguides/bookpubs.htm#A

just because you live in canada doesn't mean you can't submit to us publishers, too... if your work is marketable, they won't care where you live... another good source is www.duotrope.com

4. Rei

Rei Contributor Contributor

Very true. Besides, Canada is such a small market that is flooded with books from other countries that it's very hard to see you books sell well unless you get an American/international publisher or an agent that can market it properly. There is always The Canadian Writers Market, if you are set on Canadian publishers, which is a book of all the publications and agents. Don't buy it. Find it at your library and look through it.

5. ParanormalWriter

ParanormalWriter New Member

The regular "Writers Market" (if you own one) also has a section devoted to Canadian Publishers. If you don't wanna splurge on one, you can probably pick up a copy at your local library.