Tags:
  1. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Introducing an OC

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Wreybies, Jun 10, 2018.

Simple question. Each of the colors you see in the image are a different character's POV in a rotating 3rd person limited fanfiction that is now at about 10k.

As you can see, we've already been through a couple of POV's twice now. Is it too late in the game to bring in the POV of a new character who's an OC? The character has already been engaged through someone else's chapter (Odé), and through mention throughout.

Silly question, maybe, but, thoughts?

Screen Shot 2018-06-10 at 12.31.09 PM.png

2. BayView

BayView Huh. Interesting. Contributor

No - you haven't really established a pattern of POVs, you've only repeated two so far and there are two other singletons... I think it'd be fine to introduce a new POV at this stage. If you'd set up a rigid Brienne-Podrick-Timmor-Brienne-Podrick-Timmor pattern I think it might be awkward, but you haven't done that.

Malisky and Wreybies like this.
  3. CoyoteKing

CoyoteKing Good Boi Contributor

Go for it. I see no problem.

Wreybies likes this.
  4. SethLoki

SethLoki Retired Autodidact Contributor

I'd say it's dependent on the length of your story. I could grasp this if you followed this cycle : a–b–c, b–b–c, c–b–c. Guessing though you mightn't be? Any longer and you could end padding/introducing incidental characters for the sake of structure.