1. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Kids party music

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Torana, Mar 19, 2010.

I am throwing a monster themed party for my son's 6th birthday next month and we are trying to come up with a list of songs we can play at the party.

So far Dan and myself (and from the help of a friend of his) have compiled a list of songs, but we are still looking for a few more.

Here is the list so far:

• Monster Mash
    • Addams Family
    • Munsters
    • BeetleJuice theme
    • Thriller
    • Flying purple people eater
    • Fish Heads
    • Witch Doctor

If you can think of any more monster themed/style songs that would be suitable for a child's birthday party, could you please post up the title in this thread.

Thanks,
    Sherie

2. madhoca

madhoca Contributor Contributor

One Step Beyond by Madness: 'This is the heavy heavy monster sound, The nuttiest sound around!' Kids love it :)

3. Carmina

Carmina Contributor Contributor

Your songs are all kinda loosely monster based...if you want true horror...try the "Hamster Dance" or "Crazy Frog" or "Funky Chicken."

4. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

The themes from Tales From the Crypt, Ghostbusters, and Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

5. Ashleigh

Ashleigh Contributor Contributor

In the comfort of my stubborn little mind.
    Buy an allbum by Lordi. All their songs are based around monsters, but with a twist. They have a more laid-back approach to their music, so it's pure fun. As far as I know, they pretty much non-offensive too. I don't know if their music might be a bit heavy for a kid's party, though.

6. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

You, my dear, get a big thumbs up for including Thriller. I remember 2-3 summers ago me and my younger brother tried nearly all summer to learn the moves to that dance. Ghostbusters gets my thumbs up too. That movie is why I feel guilty eating marshmallows. Or maybe cuz I know they're not good for me. :p

What about the Great Pumpkin Waltz from Charlie Brown? That's really the only kid-approved song I can think of ATM. I can think of songs, but I don't think 6 year olds would react too favorably to the Psycho shower-stabbing song, the Exorcist theme or the Halloween theme.

7. Agreen

Agreen Faceless Man Contributor

Lordi would be my recommendation as well- especially tracks like Hardrock Hallelujah, Would You Love a Monsterman, and Chainsaw Buffet.

If you want something truly monstrous, it would have to be Marduk. I would not call them suitable for children though.

8. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Thanks for the suggestions. I will take a look at the songs suggested and see what we come up with from there. We have a pretty big list now to go through.

The Exorcist would be good, but I don't think it'd go down well with the other parents ;-)
    We have had to be careful with song choice because of the other parents and some of the kids fears. Which makes it a little difficult...

We got a great zombie song titled "Your Brains", one of my favourite songs EVER! Even more so than Schism! (shock horror)

• Monster Mash
    • Addams Family
    • Munsters
    • BeetleJuice theme
    • Thriller
    • Flying purple people eater
    • Fish Heads
    • Witch Doctor
    • great green gobs of ooey gooey gopher snot
    • I Put a Spell on You
    • somebodys watchin me
    • trap doo
    • gremlins
    • ghostbusters
    • Ghost Town
    • Nightmare on My Street

We also have a few more on the list now too, but I don't remember what they were....

Gigi, I love the suggestion of the Charlie Brown song. We are also going to use one from the Garfield Halloween cartoon, the kids love that song.