Tags:
  1. nburwell

nburwell New Member

Literary Agent Information

Discussion in 'Agent Discussion' started by nburwell, Apr 2, 2008.

Hi all,

I am looking for literary agent information. Books, articles, personal opinions... I am trying to start researching the agent/editor/publisher world so that I can make a more informed choice when I venture into that realm.

Any help would be most appreciated. I am trying to stay away from the internet as a base, just because the information found there can be a bit less trustworthy when it comes to solid evidence. I'm looking for things more along the lines of in print or personal opinions. Website articles are fine, just no internet listings for agents. I also don't want any resources on literary agents that charge fees.

Thanks,
    Natalie

2. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

first of all, no real agent will charge a fee... you can find great basic info as well as warnings about the scammers and reliable partial listings here: http://www.invirtuo.cc/prededitors/

there are good listing sites that offer basic info on both agents and publishers... and there's no quick and easy way to vet them... have to do what we all do, which is check them out on preditors & editors first, then check out their websites to see if they look legit and like what you need... and then google for any additional feedback on each one that may be out there on forums like this one...

if you decide to check the listings, i'll be glad to send you some that i use...

love and hugs, maia
    maia3maia@hotmail.com

3. nburwell

nburwell New Member

It's never good to offend people's judgment or feelings when you are offering them help.

I specifically stated that I didn't want an agent that charged fees because I knew that a reputable agent would never charge fees. Please do not tell me what I need to do and not do if you don't know me.

I prefer not to use the internet for my research due to what I have found through books and their knowledge on the subject. I am not saying that the internet is bad for anyone else. I am only saying that it isn't the right way for me.

Thank you for the link. I appreciate your help and willl have a look at it to see if there is anything that can help me.

~Natalie

4. mammamaia

no offense was intended... offending parts have been removed...

5. LadyJustin

LadyJustin New Member

I was searching old posts for information on agents and found this one.
    Uh .... Maia, if it's not much trouble, could you send me the list of the ones you use?
    LadyJustin

6. mammamaia

no trouble at all, lady j... just send me an email and i'll be happy to forward them...

love and hugs, maia
    maia3maia@hotmail.com

7. LadyJustin

LadyJustin New Member

Thanks! The topic on the email I'm sending you is "Agents".
    LadyJustin

8. mammamaia

sent it off this morning [i'm on GMT+10 and it's now 8am on saturday here]... hope you got it ok... m