1. FreakNastyV

FreakNastyV New Member

Ellooo Matee : ]

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by FreakNastyV, Jan 20, 2011.

Helloo there.. Uhm .. I want to start a story. I have the title, but I don't know what the story should be about. It's gonna' be for young adults. The title is called CUT the BULL**** . If you have any ideas for the story please let me know. I want it to be dramatic. Suggestions and ideas would be great.

2. Youniquee

Youniquee (◡‿◡✿) Contributor

I don't think it's possible for us to tell you the ideas... especially with just the title! xD
    I think your own ideas will come in time. Get inspired! :)

3. Midnight_Adventurer

Midnight_Adventurer Active Member

I agree with Youniquee.
    If you want to be a writer then it’s your responsibility to come up with your own plots. You have a title and that's good so why did you think of it? What does it mean or what do you want it to mean? Just start asking yourself questions like that and soon enough something will pop in your head. Plots and ideas are ever changing so even if it's basic or you’re not really sure of it don't worry it'll develop.
    Hope that helps!
    Good luck :) :)

4. impure

impure New Member

Reminds me of teenagers.
    OT: Remember hearing about this, never tried it; write down as many ideas as you can, and don't go back to correct.
    When you're done, go back and see which idea is the best.

5. FreakNastyV

FreakNastyV New Member

I am a teenager.
    && thankss for the suggestions.

6. Headintheclouds

Headintheclouds New Member

Maybe try brainstorming the title you have come up with. Think of all the different readings behind what "Cut the BULL****" could mean. Look at it both literally and symbolicly. Examine what BULL**** could mean - all the different meanings behind the name - and any connotations of the word, or things you associate with it. Think of things as wild as possible, even if they make no sense. Just write it all down. Do this for a while, without even thinking about it. After a while, stop, examine what you have, and try to refine it until you have the start of an idea.

7. Lothgar

Lothgar New Member

Sounds like maybe its a Tolkien inspired epic tale of high adventure, where a young farm hand takes a break from tending the herd of cattle, to go into business for himself. The suspense mounts, as he sets up a stand in the market square, selling high quality fertilizer in the form of bull manure (from from his father's herd). He drives a hard bargain, but is a fair business man, selling his manure by the pound, and carefully cutting off slices and weighing each portion for his customers to ensure that nobody is ever cheated.

Young daisy Mae catches our hero's eye, but she spurns his amorous advances, proclaiming "No...you are covered in bull crap!". Heart broken, our hero watches her fall head over heels in love with the jewel merchant. Their fast and free love affair ends tragically, as the jewel merchant gets drunk and beats young daisy Mae senseless.

Our poop covered hero, takes young daisy Mae in, off the cold, cruel, mean streets and nurses her back to health. Realizing that she's misjudged the bull crap seller, she agrees to marry him.

There isn't a dry eye in the house, when our hero exacts revenge upon the jewel merchant by leaving a flaming bag of bull poop on his front step, and rides off into the sunset to live happily ever after with the young daisy Mae.

Well, that is one suggestion for a story. If that one doesn't make the grade, you could always try thinking up your own.

8. Marmalade

Marmalade New Member

Bull**** was such an odd choice of word for the purpose it served. At what point in time did the faecal matter of male ruminants become synonymous with dishonesty?