1. Youniquee

Youniquee (◡‿◡✿) Contributor

How could you trick an adult?

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Youniquee, Apr 22, 2011.

In my story, 2 of my characters are temporary staying in the main characters house. In the middle of the 8th chapter, they find out the main character is in trouble and they escape the orphanage the main character's foster mum takes them to. This angers and worries her and she begins taking extra precautions to make sure they don't do it again. So she calls a good friend of hers to watch the 2 characters while she goes to work. But they need to get out of the house so they can get back the main character's soul that was taken by demons when they tried to save her.

So how would they trick the adult, who knows they not allowed to go out, into allowing them to go out?
    Sorry if this is confusing, if anyone is confused, I'll try clear it up a little bit xD
    Thanks for the help :)

2. Melzaar the Almighty

Melzaar the Almighty Contributor Contributor

Since you mentioned demons, do those kids have any extra magical tricks?

Probably though the best thing to do would either be to get some mooks to cause a distraction or to use some folly of the person watching them against them (like if they can't resist fine wine or something, so leaving out a bottle of it). If they're in an orphanage there should be a lot of background characters on their side. And if the kids all hate them in the orphanage it'd be just as easy to start a fight and sneak out while they're all being told off. There has to come a point when manipulating your characters where you have to stretch their actions/reactions a little more than a logical human being might do, but provided it isn't an escape movie, then it should be fine. I mean, in some films the character is detained for all of 3 seconds before they're busting out again. Others are all about the elaborate escape plan. Obviously main characters being stuck in detention/grounded/prison escape a million times more often than normal people in such situations.

3. Youniquee

Thank you, That was informative :D but I guess my explanation failed because their in a house...With only the women watching them. So that's only 3 people. I don't know how a distraction could be made from the 3 of them...Hmm.
    Yes they do, but one of them (Jace, let me name them to make it less confusing) can't use his powers atm. and it couldn't help them much anyway. Anieli, on the other hand, isn't really going to whip out his sword on the woman now, is he xD

4. Melzaar the Almighty

Melzaar the Almighty Contributor Contributor

Then probably the best path is to give her a weakness and to exploit it. Maybe even only 1 of the two of them will initially escape, and then the other who made the distraction will have to take a chance later to sneak away.

5. author97

author97 New Member

The classical distraction while another one runs will probably work out.

6. penandink15

penandink15 New Member

When I was little, I just would always just tell my baby sitter repeatedly that, "Yes, mom lets me put chocolate syrup on my PB sandwich. And marshmallows." until she believed me.
    ;)
    So maybe that could work... repeated antagonization (is that a word?)

7. adamsadvice

adamsadvice New Member

If they are younger, I would say the distraction then action would work best. If one is older, you can have them know more about the full plans (or even have them stumble along the way) or execution of the distraction. If they are older, you could add levels of complication and bring a more adult twist to the nanny figures weakness. Just suggestions.

8. Youniquee

Thank you people but I resolved this by a talk with my brother, so I can move along now. Still thank you for the suggestions!