1. PStar

PStar New Member

List of possibilities for a beginning arc?

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by PStar, Sep 15, 2020.

Blitzkraig is a young, evil boy. He’s confident, arrogant & prideful. Although he suffers from existential crisis from being the son of the Demon King. People state that a child had by the DK shouldn’t be allowed to live, giving him lots of turmoil. I wanna write a beginning story arc about just him defeating good guys, getting scorn from civilians & being badass. At the end of the arc he fights a Hero named Adonis, the city of Atari’s only hope of beating him. Any possible plot ideas on how I can do such? I wanna stretch it out as long as possible.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
  2. Naomasa298

Naomasa298 HP: 10/190 Status: Confused Contributor

We can't really come up with your story for you. If we did that, we might as well write it ourselves.

You need to come up with the plot according to how you want YOUR story to progress, the kind of character development you want and tone that you want to write.

cosmic lights likes this.
  3. PStar

PStar New Member

Whoops. Ignore this thread.

4. Naomasa298

Naomasa298 HP: 10/190 Status: Confused Contributor

I wasn't trying to put you down.

The point I was trying to make is, the plot of the story needs to come from you, so that it's your own work. Otherwise, you're writing what someone else told you to write.

We can help you with details of the plot, but at the moment, you have no plot. You have a vague idea for the beginning and the end, but there's not much beyond that.

Ask yourself, where does the story start? What happens immediately after that? Who does he meet along the way? What sort of person is he, apart from just being badass? What about the antagonists? What sort of person are they, and what are their motivations? Why are the two at odds? What causes them to become enemies?

Work on that, and once you have more details, you can revisit this thread.

Remember - there's nothing worse than writing by committee. And who's to say OUR ideas are going to be any good?

5. PStar

PStar New Member

I‘m well aware. This was just a mediocre thing for me to ask at my current level. But I can’t delete it.

6. Thomas Larmore

Thomas Larmore Senior Member

He falls in love with a girl, but his wickedness destroys her.

7. Mark Burton

Mark Burton Fried Egghead Contributor

If you want to flesh out a story, there are many ways to do this. For me, I explore the characters, their traits and their interactions with other characters and their universe. Then go back and wherever you find adverbs (and some adjectives too), replace them with an actual passage describing what is actually happening with details. Stories grow like Topsy whenever I do that. At that point, I'm in culling mode and want them all to just shut the f**k up! So I suspect you'll have the same opposite problem when you're done.

PStar and Fog like this.