Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stoney

stoney New Member

a few suggestions from a newbie

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by stoney, Jul 27, 2009.

I recently made a posting that included graphics and a link. These components were edited out by a moderator. I inquired to that moderator why this occured and I was advised that the area I used the graphics and links was not allowed by the rules. I suggest that in those agrea that you disable the ability to add graphics and links so in this way it does not require monitoring and editing.
    Another suggestion is that I have seen many locked postings becuse they did not write two critiques for other postings first. I have been to other message board were adding a posting is disabled until a person critiques two postings. This again will help reduce some of the monitioring thar is going on .

Thank You for taking the time read these suggestions.

2. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

To your first point, that would be an option, but it would be difficult from an admin point of view.

To your second point, that system is already in place. The problem is that some people leave one-line comments that aren't constructive reviews, so that they can post their own work. That's why we have to scrutinise every post in the review room.

3. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

We also have a rules post in the Important Links frame of the home page, and that states clearly:
    Furthermore, at the end of the registration process, you are asked to post in New Member Introductions. Had you done so, you would have received an overview of the site that would have introduced you to how we do things.

Other than requiring you submit to a neural download before registration completes, I don't know how else you would suggest we educate new members to the site's requirements.

I do congratulate you on at least reading other closed threads, so at least you knew enough to scrape by on your two critiques, instead of just trying to post and getting the automatic block messaqe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.