1. Spencer1990

Spencer1990 Contributor Contributor

NPR's Book Concierge

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by Spencer1990, Dec 7, 2016.

I don't know if anyone is interested in NPR programming, but I listen almost constantly. Pretty frequently they have author's on for short interviews throughout the day, and also on Fresh Air with Terry Gross. I'm always in my car and it sounds so interesting, then I forget what the book was by the time I get a chance to write it down.

Well...NPR just introduced a Book Concierge. It's a list of staff picks and some reviews of notable books from the year.

I wanted to post this thread to spread the news, maybe get people who have read some of these to comment.

Here's the link. https://apps.npr.org/best-books-2016/#/_

Steerpike likes this.
  2. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Contributor

I was looking at that yesterday. Very cool and I have now added more to my list.

Spencer1990 likes this.
  3. Spencer1990

Spencer1990 Contributor Contributor

I just added twelve or so new books to my Amazon shopping cart. :whistle:

It's nice because there's a certain...trust, I suppose...that I have for their recommendations. It's really nice to have a place where they're all available to search and read short reviews.

4. Iain Sparrow

Iain Sparrow Banned Contributor

I'm a longtime listener of NPR. Usually the book reviews are of material the tends toward heavy relationship issues... not my cup of tea.

But I did check the book list and there are some I'd consider reading. Thanks for the link.