1. Knarfia

Knarfia New Member

Confused- is this a joke?

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by Knarfia, Nov 29, 2012.

I looked up Tom Robbins' novel, Half Asleep In Frog Pajamas, on Wiki, and this is what came up:

One of Tom Robbins' less well-known novels, Half Asleep in Frog Pajamas was published in 1994 by Bantam Books. Like Robbins' other books, the plot involves an eclectic mix of characters and complicated scenarios, and mixes the mundane with the mysterious, in the form of the Sirius mysteries and the mythology surrounding the Dogon Tribe.[1] Unlike his other books, Half Asleep is written entirely in the second person, present tense.

Robbins was a personal friend of Terence McKenna,[2] whose influence is evident in several of his books. A main character in Half Asleep in Frog Pajamas named Larry Diamond advocates a theory similar to those of McKenna, involving psilocybin.

A copy of this "novel book" can be found half lying next to the printer which is often used to print rubbish.

I've italicized the last line, because I am so confused by this! Was this a prank by the wiki contributor? Or am I missing something?

2. thirdwind

thirdwind Member Contest Administrator Reviewer Contributor

I'm guessing someone, thinking it would be funny, edited the page to add that last part. I have noticed a few inappropriate statements on wiki pages before, though it was always for popular books or movies.

3. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Never rely on a wiki.

4. Knarfia

Knarfia New Member

Funny, I'd heard about this happening, but never witnessed it before.

5. Fivvle

Fivvle Member

That line you italicized isn't very well written. If I saw that, I would instantly be more than suspicious about some random user inserting that in there. He or she probably thought they were being clever and/or amusing.