1. DefinitelyMaybe

DefinitelyMaybe Contributor Contributor

Young women being 'hit on' by much older men all the time?

Discussion in 'Research' started by DefinitelyMaybe, Nov 3, 2015.

I have heard that young women, e.g. early 20s or so, are hit on by much older men all the time. And that this can get very annoying.

Is this true? I'm writing a 'humorous revenge' story, but am wondering about the basis of my story. Is it plausible that a group of women might cooperate (and be sufficiently motivated to do so) to give some pests their comeuppance?

(BTW: I'm of the age and gender of the target of my humour, but I am in a committed relationship so I don't hit on anybody. And even if I was single I wouldn't be hitting on women easily young enough to be my daughter.)

2. Tenderiser

Tenderiser Not a man or BayView

In an overall sense yes, it's true. Obviously individual experiences vary and cultural differences come into play. There was a study recently which concluded men of all ages find women in their early 20s the most sexually attractive, so you can use that (probably flawed, I didn't read the whole thing :D) study to back to you up if you like evidence.

I think your story sounds interesting and plausible. It reminds me of a Shaun Hutson novel where a group of teenage yobs are terrorising the residents of an old people's home... then the residents band together to capture and torture them. It's a very satisfying horror novel and also fairly shocking and original.

DefinitelyMaybe likes this.
  3. DefinitelyMaybe

DefinitelyMaybe Contributor Contributor

Thanks.

I want the story to be plausible, thanks for confirming that.

I don't have the central conceit though. I want the revenge to be not just a bit funny, but very clever, and complicated. Not horror, but comical. I want the women in the story to be in full control of what happens, like a 'The Hustle' plot, but obviously in a different ballpark.

For me to come up with something clever means that I need to overclock my brain until my hairs curl. I'll be thinking about this one for a while.