1. naruzeldamaster

naruzeldamaster Senior Member

Is this a dumb idea for 'a' character?

Discussion in 'Character Development' started by naruzeldamaster, Feb 22, 2022.

For the record, I know there are no 'dumb' ideas, I'm just curious how fast the joke would wear thin.
    Basically this story idea takes place in a fictional isolationist nation.
    In it, there's these five reporters, who are incredibly inefficient when it comes to their work.
    They're not only a reference to a Fire Emblem character (that IS part of the joke, but not the main part)
    How inefficient are they?
    Each of them only reports on one of five subjects, who, what, when, where, and why.
    If you're wondering about 'how' that's a spoiler for later :love:
    They're all named the various ways of spelling Anna (again, a fire emblem reference)

Haven't decided if I want them to be siblings or not, I also thought that them being near identical would ruin the reference to Fire Emblem (at the very least, it'd make the joke too obvious to those who know)

Granted, they all don't write individual articles about the same subject, they just cover the different segments of the article on their own. (obviously resulting in a somewhat disjointed piece)

I should point out that the majority of the characters are 'reincarnations' of characters from various media. There IS a plot reason for it, but it's mostly for fun so I can write my own versions of these characters without the story being fanfic.

2. AlyceOfLegend

AlyceOfLegend Senior Member Contest Winner 2022

Currently Reading::
    Fanfiction- Stranger Things, Supernatural
    Depending on how you executed each, I think it would be interesting.

3. deadrats

deadrats Contributor Contributor

Iy's a little confusing why they're not writing their own articles. And covering The Who,what, the, where, and why doesn't sound like they're all that bad at their jobs.

4. Louanne Learning

Louanne Learning Happy Wonderer Contributor Contest Winner 2022 Contest Winner 2024 Contest Winner 2023

Then match their personalities to what they cover.

Who - the people person
    What - the scientist
    When - the historian
    Where - the geographer
    Why - the philosopher

5. Thomas Larmore

Thomas Larmore Senior Member

I'm confused by the concept.

6. Not the Territory

Not the Territory Contributor Contributor Contest Winner 2023

You sound really into it, so that's a good sign it's at least worth pursuing.

7. w. bogart

w. bogart Contributor Contributor Blogerator

That sounds more like satire than fanfic.
    As I read your description, "third base" kept running through my mind. This could be a fun short, depending on how it is done. I would take it longer than that though.