1. The Piper

The Piper Contributor Contributor

Masterclass lessons?

Discussion in 'Writing Software and Hardware' started by The Piper, Feb 1, 2019.

Hi everyone,

Not sure where to put this so took a gamble, feel free to move it! Came across a site called masterclass where you can find online tutorials/lessons in video form with exercises etc etc for all kinds of things. Wouldn't have bothered to click at all but the advert that led me there was for a Neil Gaiman class on creative writing, 19 lessons "taught" by him with case studies, organised into themes etc. Found another by Margaret Atwood.

These are two writers who really stand out to me (especially Gaiman) and I'd love to take the classes. Struggling with motivation currently so something like this would be really helpful I think. Unfortunately it comes with a HUGE price tag - something like £70 for one of the courses, or£185 for access to the whole site. Can't remember exact figures. Not willing to pay this much for something that could end up being terribly useless - I don't know if video tutorials are going to help me at all - so I wondered, does anybody have any experience with the site? Would you say it's a good investment? Or are there (cheaper) alternatives?

Thanks everyone!

Piper

2. BayView

BayView Huh. Interesting. Contributor

I've been tempted as well - I look forward to hearing if anyone has tried it!

3. surrealscenes

surrealscenes Senior Member

I'll let you know when I get around to ordering it. I will be getting the 1 year- $180.00 US.
    What I like is it is broad and you can get some learning about a wide range of things. It is also not all just videos. Some have downloadable workbooks and RL Stine answers some questions, there were some other things I saw but don't remember now.

4. surrealscenes

surrealscenes Senior Member

I got around to signing up. Now to watch some past an introduction.
    @BayView , message me if you can.

Stormburn likes this.