1. Cromulent

Cromulent New Member

Is there anything better than Scrivener for Windows 10?

Discussion in 'Writing Software and Hardware' started by Cromulent, Jun 25, 2019.

I've been waiting for version 3 of Scrivener to come out on Windows 10 to see whether it is worth using, but I'd like to do some writing casually in the meantime, and I am wondering if there is anything that is the same as or better than Scrivener on Windows 10?

I was thinking of using OneNote to hold all of my research and notes and then use Word to do all of the actual writing. I have a paid subscription to Grammarly, so being able to use that in Word is a big plus.

Having said that if there are better options available I would be happy to hear about them.

2. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Contributor

Atomic Scribbler is free and seems good: https://www.atomicscribbler.com

Glen Barrington and Seven Crowns like this.
  3. BayView

BayView Huh. Interesting. Contributor

Are you mostly a linear writer (start at the beginning and write through to the end) or do you hop around? If linear, I think you'd be fine to just stick with Word or equivalent, especially if you want to use Grammarly. (You're using it with a skeptical eye, right?)

Shenanigator likes this.