1. Randomthought31

Randomthought31 New Member

I've got a plot and a beginning

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Randomthought31, Jan 23, 2008.

My only problem is a "middle"...

The plot: Greg, a forgetful man, is acused of murdering his wife a week after their 9th anniversary. After nearly a year in jail, he has a turning point, and goes from very forgetful to being able to remember an entire crime scene/everything a person did. In turn, he realizes his wife never really died and that he was framed for her murder by her. Over the next while he comes up with a plan of escape. After succeeding in the escape, he knows the cops will be looking out for him, so he must work fast. He winds up getting help from a few friends in finding out where she is hiding. blah blah blah. He winds up in a shootout with him and his friends against his wife and new husband, his brother, and their cousin, who is a "mob man".

My problem with this is:

I can't figure out a good way to frame Greg or a good escape plan. I'm sure the escape plan can wait, but as for right now, I really need a way to frame Greg for his wife's murder.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to do something like that?

2. Guybrush Threepwood

Guybrush Threepwood New Member

Well, in order for people to beleive she was dead, She would have to have killed a double/twin that looks exactly like her, or she would have had to have paid off the police and the medical examiner and things like that. Or maybe she could have gotten in a situation where her body wouldn't have been recovered, in which case she would need a fake witness or something. But those are just my thoughts.

3. Randomthought31

Randomthought31 New Member

Yeah. I decided, with a bit of help from a friend of mine how it was going to happen. and I'm debating between two different possibilities for Greg getting out of jail.

The death:

There will be blood. She will stage an argument with her husband. Lastly she will cut herself, not to kill herself, but to plant more evidence, with a fire proder which has her husband's fingerprints on it. Her body will be missing and the cops arive a few moments before the police.

Prison possibilities:

Either he will get off on an appeal after realizing small details about the scene which prove he is innocent or he will break out.

The appeal is simple but believeable. I wish that I could make a breakout seem believeable, but all I can think of that would be semi-believable is:

He purposely gets in a fight with someone in the prison in order to be moved to a new one. He has a few specific unusual talents, such as, handiness with picking locks with paper clips, and the ability to withstand decent amounts of pain. Before he is moved he jams a plastic paper clip into his cheek skin (sterilized, of course) so that it won't be detected. and the day that he is to be moved, he unlocks the handcuffs and he is also very good at martial arts and he disarms the gaurds of the truck and knocks them unconcious for a while.

Does that sound at all believeable?