1. violetinsideme

violetinsideme Active Member

Trying to review

Discussion in 'Revision and Editing' started by violetinsideme, Oct 26, 2010.

I have read several of the links on this sight, and tried to review to the best of my ability. I have never been involved with a writing community before, and looked forward to reading other peoples work. I have communicated My opinion on several different pieces, but was wondering what it takes to be reviewed? Unaware that there were higher expectations on the reviews, I posted one poem. Mine was locked due to the fact that I had not reviewed to the expectations of the sight. I have since read and reviewed other poems to the best of my current ability. It would be untrue to say that I am not a bit eager to be reviewed, as I have never had anyone around really interested in actually "critiquing" (spell check) my work. Rather, I get platitudes and what you generally expect when reading to a spouse, friend, etc. Can anybody help me out and let me know what I must do to meet sight expectations? I hope I posted this in the correct spot, and caused no offense. Thanks.:cool: