1. pyrox91992

pyrox91992 New Member

Ive Sold My Soul To The Devil

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by pyrox91992, Aug 1, 2007.

not really, but ppl think i have. dont u hate it when ppl judge u by ur outward appearances?

2. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

yes, it gets really annoying. wanna tell us what happened then?

3. pyrox91992

pyrox91992 New Member

well, pretty much everyone thinks im like satanic or something cuz i am agnostic and i wear black all the time. i enjoy writing and reading dark poetry, ive read books by anne rice and stephen king, i like the goth styled clothing, chains and such, im a masochist, all those. but its not so much me that it happens to, its my friends, based on how they dress or how we all mess around makes everyone say all kinds of stuff about them and its just screwed up

4. Night Haunter

Night Haunter Banned

I'll tell you something about that. My good friend our leader Hulls raven wears black and writes dark stuff. Have a read some of his stuff is here. I like Anne Rice too. I have just finished reading Merrik and my favourite book of hers was tale of the body thief.

many wear black and like writing dark stuff even Chavs (No Pun Intended)
    Don't be too harsh in judging yourself.

5. pyrox91992

pyrox91992 New Member

i love every book by anne rice, no particular favs. and i have read ravens stuff, its great, quite an enjoyable read. and i am not judging myself in this case, this is other ppl judging me lol

6. Night Haunter

Night Haunter Banned

Well I hear you there

7. The Freshmaker

The Freshmaker <insert obscure pop culture reference> Contributor

If it bothers you, then either start behaving to fit in, or stop caring what other people think. You can't be different and have everyone's approval at the same time. It just doesn't work like that.

It's like when my brother dyed his hair purple, and then got angry that people were looking at him weird. What the hell did he expect?

8. pyrox91992

pyrox91992 New Member

im used to it, i dont have much of a problem when it is done to me, mainly when it is done to others is when i have a problem

9. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

exactly, i love my black trackies. :D
    good point
    as long as you are happy with the way you dress and the things you read, then why does it matter what any one else thinks? f**k 'em i say, be yourself!! :D

10. Night Haunter

Night Haunter Banned

Trouble with society is its judgemental of whats different.

11. Charisma

Charisma Transposon Contributor

I think dark, my notebook is full of 'Murder is joy', 'Pain is escasty', 'Blood is delicious', etc messages. I love black and my msn nicknames are freaky. But there has to be line where you limit your dark thoughts. No, this is not the society talking, but the psychologists. Writing and thinking dark can make you pessimistic, and I'm suffering from it too. I guess it's okay to think dark and like black, but there must be a little balance in everything. You should try and think positive once in a while. BUT, those who tell you these things, are usually spineless society without any good intentions. Enjoy your personality to an extent it's good for you, and don't listen to those stuck-ups.

12. JetBlack

JetBlack Banned

On the topic, the devil doesn't exist.
    He is an idea, much like Legolas or Peter Parker.
    But before i realised this i had offered him my 'soul' (which also doesn't exist*) to become a street shark after 'God' (who also doesn't exist*) refused me.
    He didn't deliver.

*Not meaning to cause any religion based offense, these are only my views as an atheist.

13. wordwizard

wordwizard New Member

Has anyone watched the secret? or read the book? I really enjoyed it, and have been trying to train my brain to think positively. Honestly, I cannot see a negative outcome from trying this.
    AS for the judgemental society. I suggest we all get used to it. It has been around forever and is here to stay, so my suggestion is to live the way that makes you feel comfortable, because there is no point in trying to please other people. Put yourself first, and maybe a way to get back at society is taking an opposite approach. Maybe don't judge ppl for judging us, maybe we should just accept it, and try to be less judgemental and pave the path for others around us.(this is my positive thinking coming out haha)
    hope this helps some of y'all (if it makes any sense that is)

14. pyrox91992

pyrox91992 New Member

it makes sense lol

15. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

I believe in judging people, but by their actions, not by their innate characteristics.

We have minds, and we have a foundation of morals and ethics, and the capability to discern between right and wrong.

So although we should not rush to judgment, neither should we shirk our resposibilities as human beings to decry injustice and malice.