1. IzzIsAnAuthor

IzzIsAnAuthor New Member

Term for secret antagonist?

Discussion in 'Character Development' started by IzzIsAnAuthor, Nov 2, 2019.

I dont know if this is the write board for this question, but it seemed to be the closest to where I can ask this, so I'm just gonna post it.

I am currently working on a comic about a nephilim who is trying to find out where his parents were buried upon dying in a fire so that he can ressurect them, all while trying to exorcise demons out of the people in his city.

So, Jonathan lives with his aunt, who spends her time trying to help him find where the parents are buried after she learns he can revive her sister and brother-in-law. However, it is later revealed that she was using this information for her own purposes, and that she herself is possessed by a demon, and wants to separate Jonathan's human and angel half so she can use pure angel blood to ressurect Jonathan's father, whom she is deeply in love with.

Right now, I'm creating the storyboard for the plot, and I'm trying to find the name for what kind of antagonist the aunt is. Is she what is known as a secret antagonist, or is there a better term to use?

2. Morningriser

Morningriser Member

phantom, perhaps?

3. The_Joker

The_Joker Banned

Man Behind the Man is what TV Tropes would call it. Or maybe Bigger Bad/Greater Scope Villain.

4. Cdn Writer

Cdn Writer Contributor Contributor

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America
    Currently Reading::
    TRYING (!!!) to read Eric Flint's "Ring of Fire" series.......it's soooo many books!!!!!
    Ha, the "woman behind the man" is what I would call it at first glance.

What about hidden agenda character? She has a specific agenda that is hidden from Jonathan.....

5. psychotick

psychotick Contributor Contributor

Hi,

I'm not sure what you want the term for - ie whether or not it'll be used in the comic - but if it is and if the world build you have includes world war I history you could try calling her a Mata Hari.

Also she could be an agent provocateur.

Cheers, Greg.

6. Seven Crowns

Seven Crowns Moderator Staff Supporter Contributor Contest Winner 2022

Saboteur?

7. Cdn Writer

Cdn Writer Contributor Contributor

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America
    Currently Reading::
    TRYING (!!!) to read Eric Flint's "Ring of Fire" series.......it's soooo many books!!!!!
    Nemesis? Bah, what does the dictionary say?