1. AneilaKenneth

AneilaKenneth New Member

I need some help..

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by AneilaKenneth, Oct 10, 2017.

I have a couple starts to a story and I'm just looking for someone to help me a bit to improve it and to choose what one to go for. I haven't really chose a genre just yet but you should be able to tell just by reading lol I'm not to sure who will read this so I'm just looking for a reply before I share my ideas :)

2. Elven Candy

Elven Candy Pay no attention to the foot in my mouth Contributor

The question here is which start do you like best? We can't choose a beginning because we don't know the story like you do. Honestly, I wouldn't even worry about the beginning; it's pretty darn common for that part of a book to change dramatically before the book's published. Just choose the most inspiring start and go from there--and keep the others saved on a separate document just in case they have something you want to use later.;)

Starting out is one of the most difficult things to do, especially if you're new to writing, but if there's one thing I've learned, it's that you just have to keep writing through it until you have an end.

If you're looking for a general improvement on your writing skill, I highly suggest reading as many threads on this forum as possible. That helped me tremendously!

Here's a thread that might help you:
    https://www.writingforums.org/threads/share-your-first-three-sentences.145670/

Again, don't worry too much about it until you have the ending finished; however, I think you'll find that thread an interesting read.

Also, welcome to the forum! :cheerleader: