1. GlitterRain7

GlitterRain7 Galaxy Girl Contributor

Word count question

Discussion in 'Research' started by GlitterRain7, Jul 23, 2017.

So, my book's genre is YA fiction. For every chapter I aim to write at least 2,000 words, but I usually go over that at least a few hundred words. This book should have around 30-40 chapters as long as I don't scrap/condense a bunch of stuff. So if every chapter has at least 2,000 words will this book be of sufficient length to match other YA books?

2. OJB

OJB A Mean Old Man Contributor

Sigh...

@Tenderiser I looked everywhere for your Word count Q&A thread, but I -like a bad child- have lost it in the sea of bookmarks I have. Could you link it for this girl, as it provides all the information, and more, for her question?

-

Glitter,

Tenderiser will be along shortly to answer your question, but she has a thread that has everything in regards to word count and Genre.

Tenderiser and GlitterRain7 like this.
  3. Homer Potvin

Homer Potvin A tombstone hand and a graveyard mind Staff Supporter Contributor

4. Tenderiser

Tenderiser Not a man or BayView

The FAQ might not be in the right subforum. It's in Publishing at the moment, but there are several places it could fit.