1. Cicero

Cicero Banned

A weird experience, an observation, and a question.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Cicero, Feb 5, 2008.

Alright, the experience could possibly go in the Paranormal thread, but I don't know what it was, or claim to know, and it could easily be a number of things. Also, it is relevant to the observation and the question.

First, the experience.

About fifteen minutes ago, my brother and I were in the car coming home. We were going very slow, about 10 miles an hour, because we had just pulled out of someone's driveway and the stop-sign was very close anyway. To our left is a huge, huge field of grass for cows to graze on. The only thing between us and that field is a few small trees ( The kind small enough in width for you to almost fit your hand around. ), and a few bushes.

We are driving along, when we see this man, only about ten or twenty feet away from us, in the field. He's walking down a slope, looking down like we do when we don't want to fall. He's built well, like a healthy middle-aged man. He's got on a gray shirt, and has short brown hair.

Then, all of a sudden, he just disappears. This, I swear on all the God's I don't believe in and all the things I do. At the time he disappeared we were passing by one or two of those small trees I talked about, and a few of the bushes.. but even then, the bushes would only reach his waist, and were see through anyway.. and the tree's.. there is no way he could fit behind a tree that small! He was a well built man!

I don't know what it was. He was there one second, then he wasn't. I thought I must have been delusional, so I was about to ask my brother if he saw something, but before I could, he said, "Cole, did you just see a man?", and the following conversation went something like this.. ( Paraphrased, because I don't remember the conversation perfectly. )

"Yeah."
    "With a gray shirt on?"
    "Yeah."
    "With short brown hair?"
    "Yeah.. weird. Was he walking at a slope, looking down like we do when we don't want to fall?"
    "Yeah, he was."
    "Looked like a middle-aged man, sort of? Not old or young, but his body built like one."
    "Yeah."
    "Weird."

So, I'd confirmed I wasn't being delusional, and we had both indeed seen something. I've been through that field. There are no holes. If there were, we'd be able to see them anyway. And even then, a hole that is six feet tall, enough to conceal an entire man? Nah..

Needless to say, we were very weirded out.

Second, the observation.

I'm not someone who researches ghosts, UFO's, or anything like this for some deep-seated need to believe in them. Everything I believe in I try to rationally come to a conclusion first. I wouldn't believe in ghosts had I not had experiences like this.

In fact, experiences like that happen often. Five or six times a year, maybe. They happen to my dad also. It has always been me and my dad that have these "experiences". My little brother, the one I was with, has never had an experience that could, as far as we could tell, not be explained by science. I always thought it was possible my dad and I were being delusional, because we were either with others who saw these things normally, or we were alone. But when my brother saw this, someone from the other far end of the spectrum, I knew it had to be something more than just shared delusion.

A lot of people are like my brother. It seems "paranormal" experiences are often put on certain people, and not spread evenly throughout the whole. This leads to people who believe in paranormal things being ridiculed by those who don't, thus putting the entire "paranormal" world at risk for ever being taken seriously.

Third, the question.

Why do some people have frequent paranormal experiences, and others do not, and how valid are these experiences, in your opinion?

Sorry it is sloppy. I was rushed for time.

2. ValianceInEnd

ValianceInEnd Active Member

Me, I would love to believe in such a thing as ghosts and the paranormal, but I always question these kinds of things. The mind is an incredibley powerful source that randomly may fire and cause people to experience these things. Take a look at a Schizophrenic. Their brain is constantly firing messages which causes it to hallucinate and see things and hear things that aren't there. Just because they say they see something, doesn't mean we believe them. Now, I'm not saying you have a mental disease, but everyone experiences this sort of natural phenomena. Still, I wish I could have a story like that... :p

3. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

Maybe he did fall! :p but still- creepy enough. I believe in Paranormal but also a little skeptical about things.

4. Cicero

Cicero Banned

Well, when I said fell, I meant "fell in a hole I couldn't see." If he would have simply fallen on the ground, I would have seen. It was a very clear view.

Odd :p.

If anyone does have any suggestions for what it might be, you could also tell me. I wouldn't want to believe something that isn't true.

5. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

Ok, could be either a spook or just a... I can't remember the word, like a memory. Residue energy. Nothing special. Just residue from something that happened. Just like if you walked into a place that has experience violence, some people can sense the badness, so it's like residue. Some people can see them, some people can't. It's hard to explain but yeah. Could simply be that. Or just a ghost out for a walk! :)

6. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

some people seem to be more 'sensitive' to such stuff, whatever it is... and there are too many well-documented cases to believe they're all just misperceptions, imo... there's much we don't know, despite all the science, so anything's possible...

psychic abilities have been found to run in families, so it's not odd that you and your dad are susceptible to such experiences and that your younger brother should now be, as well...

as for your experience, if it were me, i'd check the newspapers and other sources to see if anyone like that had ever been found dead or injured in that area... and i wouldn't be surprised to learn someone fitting that description had...

love and hugs, maia

7. ValianceInEnd

ValianceInEnd Active Member

Hmmm, guess I don't have very many psychics in my family... :p