1. frigocc

frigocc Contributor Contributor

Thoughts On Some Of These Sketch Ideas?

Discussion in 'Comedy and Humour' started by frigocc, Nov 24, 2019.

Wasn't really sure if this would be something I'd have to workshop or not, so I'll take my chances and post the stuff here. Basically, in addition to writing novels, I'd like to start writing some skits, too. Now, I don't really know how to film myself (trying to learn), and still would need to find skit partners, but I want to have a pretty good backlog of good ideas going before I actually start filming anything. With that said, just looking for some thoughts on some of my skit ideas.

The Guy Who Literally Cannot Believe It's Not Butter - pretty self-explanatory.

The Really Loud Indian - fat Native American that is very clumsy and loud. Easily gets caught by settlers.

Longest Law Firm Name Ever - Greer, Greer, Greer & Dillard Jr. would be one person, Columbo, Johnson &Abernathy could be another, etc. Together, they'd make Greer, Greer, Greer & Dillard Jr., Columbo, Johnson & Abernathy, Johnson, Johnson, Feldman & Associates & Associates. Just an example.

Saintly Fraternity - Saint Douglas, The patron saint of wild parties and elaborate get-togethers. "dougie always threw wicked dank ragers, and hella bodacious rendezvous with the boys."

Guy who writes terrible/unrelatable sketches - self-explanatory.

A got a ton more, those are just a few ideas. Thoughts?

2. EdFromNY

EdFromNY Hope to improve with age Supporter Contributor

None of these are really sketch or story ideas. As Steven James wrote, you don't have a story until something goes wrong. These are all just starting points.

marshipan and Cephus like this.
  3. frigocc

frigocc Contributor Contributor

I mean, I guess that can be true, but I don't necessarily think something has to do wrong in sketches. Most of the sketches in A Bit of Fry and Laurie (my favorite sketch show), for example, nothing went wrong.