1. Scot

Scot Senior Member

Hello

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Scot, Aug 3, 2016.

I've just joined this forum in the hope of re-starting my writing habit. To date I've had two works published. One, a short Christmas story in an American e-zine (now defunct), and a self-published children's tale "The Great Walnut Tree of Barnard Castle."

Here I'll be looking for critiques of my other works-in-progress and the opportunity to critique and learn from other writer's works.

Scot

2. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Hi Scot! Welcome to WF. Sounds like you'll fit right in. :)

What are you working on now? A novel, a short...?

Anyway, here's our New Member Quick Start to get you started. Check the bit about the writing workshop 'cause that's where you'll probably want to head first. :D

-Kat

3. Scot

Scot Senior Member

Hi Kat

Thanks for the welcome. I trawled a lot of writers fora before opting for this one. I like your ethos of critique others before you get your own stuff critiqued. Refreshing and honest. The forum appears fairly quiet, but most of the posts I've read so far are of high quality. Here's hoping my efforts will be up there with the best.

My preferred genre, at the moment, is the short story. I have a dozen or more as works in progress and a similar (vague) number which are just a list of bullet points. I'm thinking of compiling the best of them into a self-published eBook on Amazon.

Scot

Sal Boxford likes this.
  4. Sal Boxford

Sal Boxford Senior Member

It sounds like you have more story ideas than you can keep up with! Looking forward to reading your work once you can post to the workshops. I agree, it's a little quiet there, which is a pity, but two or three useful critiques are better than a dozen people saying "yeah, I really liked it :)"