1. AltonReed

AltonReed Active Member

Recommendations

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by AltonReed, Oct 20, 2013.

So, once more between books.

I think I'm looking for an exciting Sci-Fi adventure in the vein of Star Wars. So probably more fantasy than Science Fiction, but a load of fun with likeable characters and big adventures.

Anyone got any suggestions?

2. TWErvin2

TWErvin2 Contributor Contributor

Maybe some of the superhero novels (Ironman, Avengers, etc.?)

You might consider Ender's Game (by Orson Scott Card). It's not exactly 'Star Wars' type. If you've never seen the movie Tron, there are some books out there about it. There is also Serenity, the novel based on the movie--but that's a bit grittier than Star Wars. The Dune series, by Frank Herbert, might also be something up your alley, although again, a bit grittier than Star Wars.

If you're interested in more military-based novels, I have more than a couple suggestions.

3. Krishan

Krishan Active Member

Ender's Game is an excellent choice. I'd also maybe recommend Starship by Brian Aldiss. It's pretty crazy, and more fun than a lot of sci-fi novels I've read.