Tags:
  1. Nikita88

Nikita88 New Member

Lucid Dreaming

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Nikita88, Jan 31, 2009.

So what happened was last night i was having this really freaky nightmare where these two serial killers kept chasing me and i thought i was going to die. Then, in my dream, I looked at my watch and the time wasn't changing. And then i said to myself, "this can't be real, it must be a dream. otherwise the time would change" - and IMMEDIATELY after this realization in my dream, i became in total 100% control of the dream!

I know it sounds ridiculous but I swear it is one of the most amazing things i've ever experienced. I could do anything in the dream, make anything appear or go away, fly, breath underwater, see anywhere, magic, anything you can name (and i mean anything ;) ). And for example, the flying thing is NOT like being awake and daydreaming what it would be like to fly, it feels so real and you are actually doing it. Like sometimes i woke up from dreams where i was flying and i think, oh that was so cool i wish i could remember what it felt like.

Well now not only do i remember, i could feel and experience it the whole time! After researching wikipedia, google, forums, etc - this is apparently what's called "Lucid dreaming". When you become aware that you are in a dream, BUT you don't wake up. I have read this article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucid_dreaming

And it seems like the most effective ways to induce more of these dreams are through dream journals, reality checks, and maybe waking yourself up early to fall back asleep.

I don't know if anyone else has ever fooled around with this or experienced it, but let's talk about it because holy **** that was SO COOL and now i just wanna go to sleep again :)

2. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

You could talk about this: Here